Throwing first party of my life, are my speakers gonna die?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Randy79, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Alright so I am 21 and am throwing the first party of my life tonight. Im expecting 30-50 people and only have a pair of desktop media speakers (klipsch promedia 2.1s) They are solid speakers and get super loud but im worried im gonna blow them. If anyone has any experience with speakers like this I would appreciate any input or tips for not blowing them haha. Thanks and burnnnn dont blow ; )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I actually have and am currently using the exact same model. Worth every penny, the subwoofer on these babies is insane! If you're going to be running from a desktop or a laptop just make sure that if you're using a third party application liked iTunes, or whatever media player you use, that you don't put the volume in the program over 100% (if it allows for it). Just turn up the actual dial on the speakers. If you do the opposite, the sound of the bass and audio in general will be less crisp and you could potentially blow them out or at least strain them. When I switched to linux, I noticed that sometimes changing the volume in a program, will change the volume on the desktop as well and went a couple of days thinking my speakers were dying, when really the volume was at I think like 150%. Once I put it down to 100% and started just using the actual volume knob, this problem seized immediately. Enjoy your party.

3. Check the settings on the program id set your volumes low and turn the speakers up first, make sure your gains arent too high if you havent messed with them they shouldn't be and id set my equalizers.

4. lol damn randy, straight up kickin it!!