Throwing a party at my parents house with them home. Need advice lol

Discussion in 'General' started by blazemore, Aug 2, 2012.

1. You know my life :rolleyes:

2. Well, then explain...

3. Why do you care so much? :p

4. For real. All you need is a car, a cheap tent, a tarp, some hotdogs and crap food, cheap beer, and a fun attitude. You can even find seats out in the woods. I think the they're calling them logs nowadays.

Camping parties are as cheap as the gas to get there, a tarp, a couple cases of cheap bear, and the current price of hotdogs and ketchup.

5. Yeah, for several reasons that really wouldn't work either.

6. Just looking out for a fellow human being wanting to have fun on their birthday. :confused_2:

7. Ugh I would love to go camping but I live in a big city and the camping spot I want to go to is like 100+ miles away. It's too much of a hassle to do all that driving in one night honestly. Unless I find some camping spots in the Santa Cruz mountains.. :smoke: that sounds fucking chill

8. Never met parents who let their son throw a legit party with drinking/smoking.

9. Really? I have but that was around new years. :hello:

10. I have parties at my parents house all the time, best things to know is only invite people you know that can handle themselves and that are actually friends with you, secondly try to keep it as small as possible, would you rather see a bunch of people you don't even know or talk and chill with a group of friends that all know eachother. Just gotta be responsible and don't forget the biggest rule, if its your house don't be the first one to puke!

11. It won't work, not how you're planning it

First, 30 people is a lot of people for this situation. I've had 10-15 over before, and even then if you're worried about your stuff and/or who will be driving home drunk it's a challenge in itself to monitor that many. I can't imagine double that number (30) plus the few extra people that will show once those 30 decide to also bring a few people. You could end up looking at 40-50 people total, and never expected 10-20 of them to come. And with everyone drinking, you won't be able to stop them sneaking in

Also, the drunk driving thing. That isn't happening. People do it, and there's no way out of 30 people you'll be able to stop them all. They will do it, and your parents will suffer for it if they're caught and/or get themselves or someone else killed.

Lastly, smoking. You'll most likely have a couple handful of kids smoking blunts and/or packing bowls right outside. People don't give a shit when they're drunk. And then you have extra cop attention and unless your parents are REAL chill, they'll prob flip a shit too

Good luck:confused:

12. My parents let me and my older brother throw parties every weekend and they had less rules than this

13. I believe in you, OP

14. Inb4 awkward dad-dancing

15. this.
    im not 14 no more.

16. My parents never had a problem man they preferred us to run with them and honestly you have not partied until you wake up and see your pops nailing a stripper 3 feet to your right while you sleep. It was reassuring i had just lived and creeepy all at the same time. :eek:

Seriously though I think its more about respect you have your parents respect as an adult and your party will prolly be fun and you may learn your parents are even "fun." If your parents tend to question you about things often well have fun drivin and camping.

Either way have a great time and be safe.

17. OP I happen to be throwing a little house party myself this Saturday. I do live with mom dukes but she's okay with it because I invited my cousins, 2 of my closest friends, my brothers and their 2 closest friends.

It will be epic-saurus rex.

18. I'm on a pursuit of happiness and I know

19. A party with rules is like sex without an orgasm... Pointless.

20. Dont go to a hotel. You gonna end up in the slammer.