throwing a day party!need help/advice fast

Discussion in 'General' started by Minimal It, Jul 3, 2009.

1. #1 Minimal It, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
    eyy
    so some friends and i made an event on facebook telling everyone to meet up at this one beach tomorrow.
    the beach itself is chill.. ive never been but friends tell me they've held acid totems there (its a northerncalifornia/santacruz thing)..

anotherkey fact you need to know is that on facebook.. there is over 120 confirmed guests and over 200 maybe attending..

LOL!!~!~~!!! we had no idea this many people would be interested.. i doubt they'll all come but still.. if even half or a fourth of them do thats a shit load of people.

My friends and I also have big speakers/dj equipment.. and of course we all know the best tracks that no one has heard of. So we told people we would bring our set up and a generator and be spinning live sets all day on the beach.

so now that ive explained that heres my real question or what i need to know

is this wise idea? lol... i really dont want police to come and i sure as hell don't want to get in trouble.. it is our equipment after all.. whats the worst offense that can happen??

what if we dont bring the equipment?? will the cops break up a gathering that big??? even if there is no DJs?

please get back to me asap.. because its tomorrow..

minors will probably be drunk/getting it... but we'll try to keep it as cutty as possible

2. check with the city. You might need a permit to be djing out there and have equipment and shit. Plus its technically an event which they might require a permit for. Otherwise seems fine. It's not like people don't go to the beach in huge groups anyway. Just make sure you don't live it a shitstye and make sure you have plastic cups and no glass bottles.

Im in Socal and they need permits for fucking everything. I work in film and also work in the club/restaurant industry and both have required permits-even for stupid shit like barracades for a smoking section or to put a fuckin bike rack up.