Through The Wormhole

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by budsmokn420, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Has anyone seen the first two episodes of the new season? They are fucking badass. I highly recommend everyone check them out on the Science Channel.

The topic of the first episode is "is there life after death?" and the topic of the second episode is "is there an edge to the universe?". Both are incredible.

2. mergan frayman ftw.

3. i love that show
    and yeah the new episodes have been quite legit

4. Just watched the first episode and the answer is

i fucking love it.

5. Wow... am I the only one that turned the first episode off?

6. Why did you do that?

7. I don't remember specifically, it was probably all too speculative for me to care, or I heard and idea that sounded poor and didn't feel like hearing anything else.

8. Is that the definition of closed-minded? sounds really similar

9. Great series, everyone should watch. Haven't seen episode 2 of the second season yet. I'll be cuing that bad boy up tonight though. :D

10. Could be. I remember someone famously saying not to be so open minded that your brain falls out. It's more disinterest in my opinion. I can say whatever the fuck I want about the universe or life after death too and it would have absolutely zero implications.

11. Or southpark was on.

12. That didn't influence it as much as you would like. :p

13. First episode was boring second one was a lot more interesting

14. just watched the first episode, on if there's a creator or not. The one guys theory on god being in our brains to get rid of death anxiety seems possible.

15. Yeah, I understand that. If that's how science works though then im :hide:

They pose multiple different points of view and perspectives towards the afterlife, I found the first one to be the most cliche out of all of them by far, about the guy with meningitis.

16. I have the science channel but have never seen this and it sounds like exactly the show id wana watch while blitzed. Im in ontario canada is it an american thing or should i get this show? And if so when is it on im feinin to watch it lol

17. Is this better than "The Universe?"

18. never watched that so i don't know. Just started watching this show today

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhr1mEx2x-s]YouTube - ‪Through the Wormhole - Season 2, Episode 2: Is There an Edge to the Universe? [Full-Lenght]‬‏[/ame]

19. Um if you have the science channel I'm guessing you would have it. I'm not sure though cause I live in the states.

And to the poster above, this show is more entertaining IMO. I like the topics of discussion more too...it's more like quantum physics/science philosophy type stuff. A lot of new and current theories that could possibly shape the future of science. Like they talk about entanglement, multiverses, dimensions, string theory, time, god, the afterlife, dark matter, anti matter, black holes, etc. Its all fascinating shit and Morgan Freeman is an excellent narrator.

20. x2. This show is awesome. All those topics are extremely interesting. Its cool how much scientists have learned in the last few years. Makes you wonder what we'll know in the future.