Through the wormhole

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Justis4all, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Has anyone seen the new show on the science channel? Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. I watched the one on a creator and the one on time travel and my mind was blown. :eek:

2. #2 GrapDutchDrizzy, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    Hell yea! dude, that was crazy

if anybody want to catch it, you can find it on demand under science i think

anyways did that part about us creating this world from the future, blow anybody else's mind!?:eek:

i mean it could be possible, look at how the new iPhone has done with the pixels within the camera,
    imagine multiplying that to an almost infinite degree; you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between
    3d rendering and real life

just awesome

3. any chance you could try to explane it at all? If not i compleatly understand.

4. Yea the show is awesome! I love thinking about this stuff. I also love Morgan Freeman's little anecdotes in each show haha

5. lol Morgan Freeman is the SHIT

oh and bowl Pirate, im looking for the video of the first episode, hopefully someone can find it

6. i dont have cable, i need some type of evidence, video or it didnt happen

7. Ya it did lol. I thought the part where they showed that the sense of a god is made in a part of your brain as a way for a self conscious being to not be anxious about death. They even proved it by stimulating that part of the brain to induce a god like presence to a person, even creating visual hallucinations.:eek:
    suck it religion :p

8. lmao, suck it real good :hello:

9. I thought it would go into more detail, thats the only thing i don't like about it much, its mainly for people who don't know much about physics. I thought it would go much more into detail about the theories it proposed.

I wish that the science channel or w.e would create a show that was more targeted toward intermediate - advanced physics.

The stephen hawking episodes aren't much better, I do like the "Universe" shows, they go pretty into detail and cover a wide range of subjects

10. I watched this last night.

It was... different. The theory stating we may be a simulation from a super computer is a little.. out there, in my opinion.

11. Is it really though? I remember thinking something along these lines trippin once, and every now and then i'll pnder the thought when bored...
    We know our brains function through some form of electronic communication. And thats about all we know, aside from what areas are in charge of what. We can communicate with each other, through impulses sent to our vocal cords (bio speakers) and then manipulated with our tounges and lips. We have "bio recorders" being our ears, and "bio cameras" being our eyes, all sending data, in the form of chemical/electronic interactions back to our brains. One of the next goals for science is being able to manipulate and eventually use for communication, atoms, ions, etc, in the form computers. But how would you "script" or "program" with this technology? Would it really be that much of a stretch to theorize that we are in reality attempting to mimic brain function? Now lets add consciousness to this equation. A computer simulation directs thousands/millions/billions/trilions/etc different "objects" at once, arguably giving said simulations a conscious stream of action in said simulated world. Maybe a better way to think about it is that we are all being controlled by somebody else and are in effect their bio-laptop (or bio-simoleon in a bio-simEarth?). Our conscious thoughts being the input they send to us (maybe brains and consciousness are in fact devices for communication through quantum entanglement?) , and we are in fact self replicating "robots," each with their own unique supply of instructions only they can hear (thought). While its all pretty damn out there, can anyone explain what consciousness really is? A dead body, in terms of matter as we grasp it, is exactly the same as a live one minus the chemical and electrical interactions (before decomposition). Think of DNA as the bio-windows/linux/mac software that instructs our computer/machine selves.

Edit: Lol, this shit is grabbin my interest rather quickly as i continue to read and think about it.

12. I would agree. A lot of theoretical physicists are going 'out there' :laughing:

13. I've always felt that there is the physical "me", and then a separate identity I associate with "the entity that controls my movements" kinda. Like, whatever is telling my body, ok it's time to walk now. I'm not sure if this is the actual physical brain, or the "code" telling me to move.... right? LOL

14. I love that show, I'm so ready for the one on Wednesday night :smoke:

15. Truth is we are all somewhere in the time line and we are on a heavy new drug which simulates having a human mind. Some have bad trips and some have good trips. When you die is when the drug wears off.

btw morgan freeman as a narrator ftw

16. im deff gonna have to check this show out