Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat spasm when i smoke weed. Help!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokeWeedErrday420, Mar 12, 2019.

1. I have been a heavy toker since i started smoking at 15. About 8 months ago i had some wax and nothing to smoke out of so i heated up some aluminum foil with a lighter and dropped some wax on it and smoked it. After smoking i started feeling this horrible feeling in my throat. It felt like something was moving in my throat and it was very sensitive. It was one of the worst experiences of my life i couldn't move or talk or do anything with making the horrible feeling in my throat feel 10 tome worse. I just had to wait out the high until i sobered up. Every time i smoked after that night 8 months ago the feel has come back. It has never been that bad since the but it still makes being high extremely sensitive to my throat (mainly at my addams apple) and completely unenjoyable. I have no idea what it is and i have been doing research for a long time and never found no solutions or even the cause of it. I have kept trying to smoke hoping it would eventually go away but its been 8 months and nothing has change. I have smoked multiple different types of strains, smoked wax, vaped, and edibles. I always get the feeling that there is something lodged in my throat. I have not been able to enjoy a normal high in 8 months and can not find and solutions. If you have any answers pleas let me know.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It feels like there is something moving around in my throat. I cannot express how much it bothers me and makes getting high unenjoyable.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Sorry to hear about your experience. No idea what could have caused it. However, and I could be 100% wrong here, do you think that perhaps the aluminum foil could've contributed somehow to whatever feeling was left in your throat? I remember back in the day when there was nothing to smoke with except zig-zags and whatever you can find. I would sometimes make a small pipe out of aluminum foil and smoke out of that until a friend of mine said that it wasn't healthy or a good idea to inhale the smoke from aluminum foil, so I stopped doing that. I never had the feelings you did, but just thought to bring that up as perhaps the fumes from the burning aluminum foil may have had something to do with it? Just a thought. Hope your throat gets better. :thumbsup:

4. If smoking pot is no longer enjoyable you should just stop. Probably anxiety has something to do with your throat, maybe a few months of not smoking will help. It's psychological, nothing physical would cause that to still be happening.

5. A similar thing happened to me, I went to the hospital multiple times for this, sudden pain in my adam's apple directly in the center there were a few other sensations as well, breathing through my nose made the pain located on my adams apple intensify, I had this bizzare and somewhat uncontrolable urge to turn my body and my head in order to soothe or prevent the pain. When it did happen I had sleepless nights because of how bad the pain was, when I slept, it was from exhaustion as if I was passing out, this was all only when the episodes came on.

I had to take Pantoprazole, which worked but only a certain one did the trick for me out of the 2 prescriptions I had received. I went for a gastroscopy and an endoscopy aswell, because of the fact that the pain and discomfort wouldn't go away.

I was told I may have had acid reflux, or an ucler, even that it was just anxiety, I was given anxiety meds during one of the hospital visits and I think I may have continued to take them after as well for the same reasons mentioned in this post. The meds helped to make the pain more tolerable e.g I felt more hopeful; this did not stop the pain from happening. For the x-ray I was also given a drink to freeze my throat, this actually made my throat feel somewhat similar to the first time I experienced the pain, in a sense that you could still feel it but not much else; It did not seem to help that much either that or I was too anxious and that drinking the drug may have made things feel worse.

Everything continued for what felt like a month or two if not more from when it first started. It'd go away for more and more time every week, and then sometimes just be there subtly, or even come on unpredictably when least expected, notably when I did not have any anxiety or thought I had recovered. I smoked a different strain of weed once after the fact, not long after as an experiment and I was fine for the most part but my throat / neck started to get very sore, and then suddenly I couldnt eat certain foods Icecream was one of them, this got worse as I got better meaning the sudden pains and soreness went away but I'd have issues swallowing my saliva, food only affected after the experiment. I had to carry water around in order to swallow my saliva, phelgm was very probelmatic and would create a choking sensation.

There were many times where I'd completely forget about it and then a week or more goes by and it comes back but less intense but at the same time still very bad, enough to leave me crippled for the rest of the day.

I coughed up brown phelgm for a while when this was happening, at first I thought it was from the weed but I don't think it would have persisted as long as it did, I'm currently trying to figure out if moldy weed can do this to you or not.

I tried smoking just reecently and a very small amount gets me very high, it seems like 1 gram could last me months, as 2 leaves not more than 2 - 4mm each is a risky amount to smoke before my throat / neck starts to feel questionable, I used to smoke 1 bowl all at once, sometimes twice a day. Before all of this happened I had smoked a bowl of a new batch I just got the moment the nugget I had was finished I grinded up another nugget from the same batch, I smoked it and had an intense coughing fit, I couldn't even begin to compare the diffrence because I enjoyed the first bowl a lot. I can't remember the details, all I can remember is feeling more nauseous than high, accompanied with a lot of pain which I still question as maybe just being intense discomfort, I couldn't tell which of the two I was feeling.