Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat and lung problems already?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The_Jewfather, Feb 9, 2007.

1. High all, I've been smoking for about two years now, daily for a little less than one. I average about 3-4 bowls every night (don't smoke much during the day unless it's the weekend.) I've been pretty sick recently (a cold) and have been coughing a good bit and have a sore throat. I know most of this is most likely from being sick, but how long does it take to develop issues with coughing and other smoke related side effects? I've still been smoking when I'm sick, but it seems like I cough way less when I'm stoned, even when I'm actually smoking there is virtually no coughing. Thanks.

2. I'm guessing thats from your cold. Give it time and it should pass.

I've been smoking for 5 years daily, and I have no lung issues yet.

3. You probably started smoking again too soon, or didn't stop in the first place. As a result, you have delayed your recovery from the cold.

Lung dmage, smokers cough etc varies from person to person; I've been a heavy smoker for almost 15 years and I don't hack like a smoker. You might not be so lucky. Who knows.

4. Yeah, I'm hoping it's just the cold. I doubt it's from smoking because I rarely cough, but I just wanted to see on average how long it would take to develop a constant coughing problem.

5. Nah when the cold passes you should be back to normal. Usually smoking during a cold extends it, from the general opionon of the past threads on this board, but you'll be fine.

You dont smoke cigs, right? mary jane usually dosent give anyone problems in the lungs

6. Correct, I don't smoke cigs. That's all I needed to hear, thanks all.