Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat and chest troublesome after smoking. Help???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cheezitz91, Dec 17, 2016.

1. #1 cheezitz91, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    I've been smoking weed a little over 10 years now, and these are some things I've experienced after I smoke. I've never really thought to ask anybody about these things before, but they've gotten worse the last few years. Mind you I'm schizophrenic and I have severe anxiety and depression. Anyways, after I smoke I end up having a "thick" sensation in my throat. It feels like there's a thick "slime" in my throat, and it makes me constantly cough and hack. (Slime is the best way for me to describe it) I also have shortness of breathe which makes it difficult to lay down which is what I try to do to ease myself. Drinking fluids only alleviates it temporairly. These things don't last the ENTIRE time I'm high, and I've noticed if I get a better grade of weed it doesn't happen as much, but they're still bothersome. So is it possible to be allergic to lower grades of weed? I've also had panic attacks while high to the point where I had racing thoughts and couldn't control my thought process. Don't get me wrong I've had many enjoyable experiences with marijuana, but lately I've been having bad effects more than usual. I guess here lately it's been bothering me more than it has before so I guess that's why I'm looking for help. One other problem I sometimes have is a very sensitive feeling on the left side of my body where my heart is. Most people would say to quit, but I love getting stoned. Like I said it doesn't happen all the time, but here lately it's been more frequent. Let me know if y'all also have some similar problems or know of any solutions that my help. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. go organic and see if that makes a difference

• Like Like x 2
  3. I haven't been smoking all that long, and the stuff around here isn't all that great as far as quality, but I do get that shortness of breath you were describing. I also get the coughing. I've always had bad lungs though, I have asthma so I always figured it was just because my smoke was harsh and it was irritating my lungs. It goes away after a short while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. I have smoked weed that I ended up thinking my airway was closing up making it really hard to breath.

The "slime" is it kind of like that feeling you get when you drink real orange juice like Tropicana?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

5. Well I don't have asthma, but I do smoke cigarettes. The thing with that is I started smoking weed before I smoked cigs, and I would have those side-effects. I know I said higher grades are less sketchy, but I have had a couple of bad reactions with dr
    It's more like a big bunk of wet cheese that won't go down or come up and is just constantly stuck there.

6. Yes almost like you have food in your throat that won't go down.

I have had that a couple times. Mainly when I first tried it.

For me ot was an all in my he'd thing plus I was new and bad weed I think.

I just make sure I'm in the rights state of mind when I get high. I hope that a what is happening to you.

Just my 0.02!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

7. I can relate to all of this. I think this is relatively common for many many smokers. The only way to company this is cut back and exercise(Cardio) more or quit altogether. I hate the throat butter.

8. i've just started felling like i have a sore throat when i smoke. I usually use bongs or bubblers. Just got some OG Kush, so i'm gonna see if it was just the weed i had before... wasn't too fond of it

9. Sam
    Exact problem rn don’t know how to deal with it

10. a blunt a day keep dr away :smoke::hello:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. If anything a blunt a day would increase your chances of seeing a Dr since it's Tobacco:ey::laughing: