Thrive alive staining?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by aKfrosty, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Dunno if anyone here has used thrive alive
    I took a look at my roots today tho and they have a brown tinge to them. Dunno if it's from the thrive alive or not? Been using the same nutes with no problems, but this past feeding upped the nutes to all full strength. Sitting at 1150 ppms
    8 gallons of water
    24 ml h202
    32 ml armor si
    64 ml thrive alive
    128 ml 3 part advanced nutes

Don't got pics, but it almost looks like a light brown idk just dirtiness to the roots. This happened within a day or changing the nutes as well

Sound like staining to anyone else?

2. Determined the problem is the medium, Hydrocorn. Read online and lots of people have the dirty runoff from the rubbing of the hydrocorn. Which makes sense, I filled water until the net pot was submerged and as they've drank the rocks have settled causing the dirt runoff onto the roots.

3. its not the hydroton, its your roots. thrive alive shouldn't stain them, but it probably helped create a layer of bacteria on your root zone. Either that or you're not maintaining your res well enough. white roots=healthy, brown roots=not healthy. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between dirt and brown roots...

4. unless it REALLY just looks like dirt. which you can wash off easily. should always rinse hydroton before using it...

5. We'll I've also recently disconnected the two seperate AirTubes (one for drip one for airstone) and connected one airline hose into a T. Now I know this decreases the oxygen in the roots zones could this be the problem?