Thrips, Spider Mites, Aphids?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LotosAbstract, May 22, 2020.

1. Okay,

So first up. I *did* have Spider Mites on some new clones I received. Not a ton, and a few rounds of insecticidal soap later, and I haven't seen any since.
    Today, I sat down to trim off any damaged leaves (so I can see signs of any new damage)... And one plant is completely clear of pests, near as I can tell...

The other plant, has a few of these little buggers on it.
    Are they Thrips? Aphids? Mite Larvae?

Video available: http://www.lotos.ca/plants/bugs1.mp4

Attached Files:

2. thrip larvae

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. My thoughts as well.
    Thank you for the confirmation.

Any suggestions for removal?
    They managed to survive three rounds of Insecticidal soap that killed the mites... And Spinosad is unavailable in Canada...

4. #4 old shol4evr, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    delete

5. Pretty much everything neem based is banned in Canada.

6. #6 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    delete

7. I've used Trounce (pyrethrins) before but I'd use it cautiously. I used it on 2 strains and it burned one. It ended up fine but it stunted it for a couple weeks.

8. AFAIK they banned almost every broad spectrum pesticide for environmental reasons. Only targeted pesticides are allowed now and have to pass testing first.

9. #9 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    delete

10. No, only things sold specifically as a pesticide. You can still buy unrefined neem oil as a 'beauty product' but nothing like azamax.

11. #11 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    delete

12. As an update, I ended up purchasing Neem Oil at a local holistic nutrition place. Mixed it up thus:
    1 Tsp Neem Oil
    1/2 Tsp Dish Soap
    4 Cups Warm Water

Into a sprayer, and made sure to get a solid coat under the leaves, and at the branching sites.

I’ll be following up with a second spraying in a day or two, and rounding up with Insecticidal Soap.

Fingers Crossed

• Like Like x 1