Thrips, how do i kill them with homemade mix?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tac12345, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Those small bastards are well establish in my indoor soil grow. anyone know a good formula with some home product? thanks...

2. I use Neem oil spray and it kills just about every bug.

3. pretty sure what i have is thrips as well, and i just picked up some 70% neem oil. you mix it at about 2 table spoons per gallon of water, and spray all over. i have only sprayed once thus far, so i cant tell you how well it is working, but all of the reading and research i have done says that Neem should handle just about everything and it is safe to use during veg & flower. i will let you know how i end up. i found it at a local hydro store.

4. I have had some epic battles with thrips, and unfortunately have found neem to be of little use in dealing with these nasty little bugs.

Things that will help:

Pyrethrum bombs - slow the thrips down but do not kill them

Bug Buster-O - a pyrethrum based "water in" treatment that is affective if used during vege or early bloom.

Organicide - a fish oil based spary that is fairly affective, but do to the odor should not be used after the second week of flower

Predator Nematodes - will help keep down future generations, but will not kill off entire population.

If you have a light outbreak you might luck out and get them all with one of the above mentioned cures.

If you have a heavy infestation it will take numerous applications and several weeks/months to completely clean your scene. Its best to use a two pronged approach of both spraying and watering in cures so you get both the adult and pupal bugs.

5. my harvest date is in 3 weeks... shit hehe

i found soap in water pretty good. i sprayed some soaped water on them, and they stop to move instantly. i'm not sure if they are dead, but i might hit them.

i will try some nicotine product based, apparently it kill everything.