Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Three Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Qful, Mar 4, 2009.

1. The other day I got blasted, and my heart was beating hella hard and fast. I know sometimes it beats a little harder and a little faster, and you can just feel it more. But this time it was beating really hard, it was freaking me out. So I was wondering if how hard your heart beats is just directly proportional to how high you are (cuz I was pretty damn high), and if it is bad for my heart, and does all weed do that to the same degree, and is there anything I can do to slow my heart down when that happens?

Also, being a new smoker, I haven't tried many different kinds of weed. AFAIK, I've only ever had high quality stuff. So I was wondering, what is different about low quality weed? Is the high the same, you just have to smoke more? Or is it different?

Oh and one other thing I wanted to know. My tolerance is very low. And I want to keep it that way, because then I obviously have to pay less to get just as high. So, how do I keep my tolerance down, and what's the science behind tolerance?

Thanks.

2. First, since you're the one who "experienced" that hard heartbeat, it might just be your mind playing tricks on you. Just like some people who sing and think the're insanely good, but the're high and they don't really sound good. Nothing you can do, except relaxing yourself, don't concentrate on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "high quality stuff", but brick weed or shwag, you will need more to get high, chances of headaches, coughing etc...

The science behind tolerance is yourself. You're the best person to know when you need to go on a t-break. Just so you know, the tolerance goes away quite fast, even when at the beginning you are not resistant.

I hope it helped,

Elend.

3. When I first started smoking, I could feel my heartbeat a lot more, kinda like you are describing. It really scared me at first, but the more I smoked, the less I could feel it... or the more I got used to it, possibly. But I know what you mean - heart beating VERY fast, feels like it could pop out of your chest...

... But I'm still alive 'n smokin

4. Looks like you just smoked crack.

Kidding.

5. 1st: weed does raise your heart rate so your heart is actually beating faster, but you begin to listen and your sound senses get raised just like all your senses when your high and you just center in on the sound and it drives you crazy and scares you, it happens to everybody at least once..

2nd: when you smoke "dank" weed the high is much more clearer not as much pressure on your head i find smokin mids or schwagg the high is more of a headache but still relaxed with high quality it feels like im floating..

3rd: tolerance just keep smokin the amount you are now but you will end up increasing, but when you begin smokin everyday a couple t-breaks "tolerance breaks=stop smokin completely for a couple weeks or a month or however long you feel like"...... a year will help with your tolerance level

6. Haha same here, heart beat feels very strong and fast. I just didn't focus on it and it ended up going away, and as you smoke more you'll find it not happening as much.