Three cotyledons

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pablojuana, Mar 29, 2013.

1. This seed popped open today and surprise! it has 3 cotyledons..
    its very curious to me.......
    its a KC45 regular seed

Attached Files:

2. This morning

Attached Files:

3. holy shit lol mutant

4. You should make a journal and see how it turns out if you do comment the link of your journal

5. Happy Easter!

Attached Files:

6. I had the same thing happen with a few of the KC45 I grew out! Lol! The plants grew fine and finished beautiful!

7. Wow, that's really interesting! I second the journal idea.

What's interesting is that the cannabis plant is a dicot. Meaning di (two) cot (cotyledon). So when fertilization happens inside the zygote, an embryo is created, however there are only two cotyledons per embryo! I'm sure there are exceptions, clearly with muties, but I would go as far to say that this seed had more than one embryo (almost like twins!) In which case, you most likely have strong genetics from both! Super cool!

8. Inside or out? How big did they end up? All info says they will be trees.. I plan to put them outside guerrilla style in several spots. Did yours get very smelly?

9. I could do a journal but am not sure how often I will check them once they are outside..I was thinking hopefully once a week.

10. Mine were grown inside. They smelled, but not enough to really worry about. Once they showed sex, mine were reg. to, I put them under 400 watts of Mh and 400 watts of HPS at 18/6. When I harvested they were about 3 to 3.5 ft tall. If you grow em outside their gonna be monsters!

By the way, its pretty damn good smoke! One of the best autos I've ever smoked!

11. Thanks for the info! This will be the first auto I have tried..I was thinking about keeping one or two inside under the lights. They sure were the right price at under $20 for a ten pack. Did you end up with a good m/f ratio? They seem very hearty for sure.. I haven't been able to find much info on them..

12. Popped ten the first grow and got 6 females. The next ten I got 7 females. So to answer your question, yes, I got a good m/f ratio.

13. Well...... Thank you!
    You just relieved my greatest concern at the moment!!

14. I had a mad mutant plant.. Serious shit, it had square leaves but I grew it on anyway n this is how it is now... (10days into flower)

ForumRunner_20130331_164934.png

15. It hasnt been topd neither but grew off into 3 different shoots. .

16. NO SHIT LOL .. Hey them KC45 grow like wild fire,, and lots of sweet lemony sugar coated giant buds for a auto,, thats about the best I can say for them,, strong pleasing performer but just not to my level of potency :( still a ok smoke :)

17. I have high hopes for them..

18. mine from KC BRAINS grew HUGE!. and that aint no under statement, it will put itself together like a monster the biggest auto ive ever seen, very Citrusy, you touch it there will be a explosion of lemon very sticky aswell,, has alot of resin, the smoke didnt taste to bad, but the high in my opinion was a little bit of a let down, gl, its a pleasing strain to grow hope you got enough room for it

19. Monday

Attached Files:

20. I would cut clones from her in case it affects something in a positive manor. Or maybe you can get some fem seeds off her and all your plants will have 3 maybe?