threads about getting pets high

Discussion in 'Pets' started by delaWHERE?, Aug 4, 2006.

1. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like there have been a lot of threads lately encouraging "getting pets high," which I find to be borderline animal cruelty. Lemme know what you think about the issue...I just don't think we should be encouraging this unless the person is really upfront about it being an accident or the animal choosing to stay in the room. Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds a bit with this...i'm just a real animal lover who hates to hear about these kinds of things!!

I closed this thread, please let me know your opinion on the matter!

2. No need to feel sorry, I agree. But I do feel like someone in one of the threads was taking it too far. I mean honestly, what are you going to do with a cat that demands you let him in your room when you smoke? I think it's pretty obvious there that he likes it.

:laughing: Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. I'm ok with the thread being closed.

3. I read this last night, delaWHERE? but I had to have some time to wrap my brain around it.

There's a fine line we'll be riding with this subject.

If people are holding their animals down and are forcing smoke in them, that's not a good thing at all.

If their animals are around and catch a contact high, that's a bit different.

I love animals too. My cat would hang around and watch the smoke and catch what I believed to be a contact high. My dog hates it and would always look at me like I was bad for doing it and he'd go to another room. I would never force a high onto them, though.

Let's watch some of these threads. If people are forcing this on their animals and we see it as abuse, let's delete the thread with a reason and put a link back here with an explanation, such as you did with this one.

Now, a question about the initial thread with the link...did I read the thread wrong or is there something indicating abuse? I get that the overfeeding is wrong but did he indicate that he forced the animal to get high?

4. Well, I suppose it depends on your definition....and I do agree that it's the forcing that's bad and not just the contact high. One of my cats will deliberately enter the room when i'm smoking, the others will leave, and none get smoke blown in their faces.

In that thread, it was a combination of the way he worded it...."I GOT my pet high" vs "my dog was with us and kept coming in the room" type deal... and the overfeeding and peanut butter that set me off. He sounded quite young and quite irresponsible.

Sorry if this is an overreaction or taking the powers a little too far...this issue just really bothers me!