thread of worthless information - the thread thread

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by architoker, Nov 14, 2010.

1. i'll start by posting some *rabble* of useless information, you keep it going by posting something else of equal or greater uselessness. and, if you feel like it, comment on those above you! (but, if you're gonna post, even to reply to someone, post something useless yourself. :D)

honestly, someday, one of these useless facts will come in handy. maybe you'll win a game of trivial pursuit or something!

and really, i don't even care if these are real or fake. (would prefer to be able to distinguish between the two though!). cheers all! :smoke:

modern day railroad tracks (and railroad tracks all through time, i suppose, as they haven't changed) obtain their dimensions (width - their distance apart) from ancient roman chariots and the spacing of the chariots' wheels. ever wondered where the chariots got their spacing from, chariots that were all the same size and shape due to the perfectionism the romans sought to achieve as well as the fact that the chariots would be traveling through existing ruts of this width?

roman chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the rear ends of two war horses.

[​IMG]

:smoking:

2. A frog can't swallow anything with its mouth open.

3. So if a male frog is getting head than it is physically impossible for the female frog to swallow?

that sucks

4. Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.

5. The markings that are found on dice are caled pips.

Close to 73% of the girls in Bangladesh are married by age 18.

U.S. bills are 2.61 inches wide, 6.14 inches long, are are .0043 inches thick and weigh 1 gram.

6. Never NEVER ever look towards the sky at 5:07 pm. You might not like what you may see.

If you are falling at a free-fall rate after jumping from a plane and neither of your chutes are working... remember to double-check your chutes next time.

The best chance of survival you have while being attacked by the pope is to act like you are Jesus returning. Scares the fuck outta em.

7. the mass density of a proton is 4.98´1055 gm/ proton, which happens to be EXACTLY the same as our known universe. think about that.

8. Wolves have about 200 million scent cells. Humans have only about 5 million. Wolves can smell other animals more than one mile (1.6 kilometers) away.

9. beware the ides of march

10. ^ they can also smell across time

11. i have thought about this before! just minus the actual numbers :)

12. we're just balls inside balls man. if u kno what im saying haha

13. haha precisely! balls inside balls inside balls, to the nth degree. :eek:

our universe is expanding, scaling up. just thing if we were a small fraction of a bigger picture. we get bigger = they get bigger = infinity! :eek:

14. w..what happens?...:eek:

also to the ppl talking about protons and neutrons and the universe and shit..

my mind is so hard and my dick is so blown over this shit...holy...

15. BugaH! BugaH!
    Stay away!

EVER. EVER. NEVER.

wait til 5:08 if you know whats better for ya.

16. humans actually use 100% of their brains, not 10% or whatever people say. hard to believe sometimes but true

17. yeah the discrepancy came from when they first started being able to monitor brain activity, and they noticed that people only use parts of their brain at a time. every part of the brain has a different function

18. A new hypothesis by a famous physicist claims(with some evidence) the universe as we know it came from nothing which came from a dead universe. According to the hypothesis, our universe may be part of an infinite loop of universes growing and dying and being reborn. Time itself may have been stopped and started ~infinite times.

19. I once had a boner