thread of worthless information - the thread thread

Discussion in 'General' started by architoker, Nov 14, 2010.

1. i'll start by posting some *rabble* of useless information, you keep it going by posting something else of equal or greater uselessness. and, if you feel like it, comment on those above you! (but, if you're gonna post, even to reply to someone, post something useless yourself. :D)

honestly, someday, one of these useless facts will come in handy. maybe you'll win a game of trivial pursuit or something!

and really, i don't even care if these are real or fake. (would prefer to be able to distinguish between the two though!). cheers all! :smoke:

modern day railroad tracks (and railroad tracks all through time, i suppose, as they haven't changed) obtain their dimensions (width - their distance apart) from ancient roman chariots and the spacing of the chariots' wheels. ever wondered where the chariots got their spacing from, chariots that were all the same size and shape due to the perfectionism the romans sought to achieve as well as the fact that the chariots would be traveling through existing ruts of this width?

roman chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the rear ends of two war horses.

[​IMG]

:smoking:

2. Worthless is sure a fitting word

3. the title says "worthless"... if you're looking for worthwhile you won't find it here (perhaps). :D

4. The strawberry is the only fruit with the seeds.on the outside

5. A backdraft is a condition in which a fire seems to be smoldering out, but the sudden introduction of oxygen causes an explosion when the fire has almost used up its supply.

Im going to bed

6. ha, well put man. cheers. :)