Thread deletion spam question

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by G4Grassdetta, Jun 10, 2017.

1. #1 G4Grassdetta, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Is there a reason why we have certain forums covered in red thread deletions? Looks very cluttered when a lot of these are obvious bot/scam/adverts. Feel like some people might create these just to derail the forums with cluttered thread deletions.

Why can't they just be hidden?

Is it possible to reduce thread necromancy also by having a "semi-lock" on threads older than 5 years? With posts allowed but pending mod approval?

Edit: Bongs, bubblers, water pipes is essentially unusable at present. Perhaps an option to show deleted threads but it makes sense for that to NOT be the default.

Otherwise, what's to stop a competitor from just spamming your forums to get all these red thread deletions to get people to stop coming here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Both of those things are possible. Deleted threads used to be hidden. That is until they decided to change the forum software into something uglier and less user friendly. Would not hold your breath on improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Deleted member 281310, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2017
    I concur.

• Like Like x 1

4. I went to the forum you mentioned and you're right, it's a mess. I moved/archived a lot of what was on the first page in regard to deletion notices. The more you post in a forum, the more the deletion notices move to the bottom and out of the way.

The problem that we are seeing is that the threads that are deleted using the SPAM system are showing as deleted when they shouldn't show at all. The only ones that should show are the ones that are deleted due to content so that a user will know why it was deleted. Spammers don't need to know because they are banned.

I don't remember it always being like that and I think something changed with the last update. I will see if some changes can be made to fix this because I see it as an issue. Some deletion notices we need but not the ones from spammers.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. There are no code changes regarding thread deletions. The issue is that we are getting hit by chinese and other type of spammers more and more , thats the reason they can be seen.

I'll check if there are any improvements we can implement and hide spam threads from members.

• Like Like x 1