Thouroughly fuckin' confused!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TexarkanaTim, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Ok....I understand that four 24" floros wont work real well in my 36x36x65" grow box. Given my space, if I choose to grow a non-auto flowering plant (instead of lowryder), do I need to use HPS or MH or CFL's? Will I have to switch out the MH and HPS during vegetative and flowering cycles, or is there one light I can use for the whole growth cycle? I am trying to keep costs as low as possible, and output as high as I can get. Any recommendations on a general purpose light that will give decent light output and allow me to grow 4-6 plants with decent bud production?

2. if you go HID, HPS, or MH youll have to stay under 600watts id be safe with only 400 given that space. those suckers put out alot of heat. start with CFL during the seedlings stage, then after 2-3 weeks from germination switch it up to the HPS, after a few weeks of that switch the light(S) to 12/12, remeber when you switch the light(S) to 12/12 theyll still grow another foot or so make sure you have room and not to burn the kolas. and when you go to 12/12 if you have the MH use that durring the flowering stage.

3. I thought that the MH lights should only be used for the veg stage and the HPS lights should be for flowering stage? Atleast that is what I read in most other threads.

4. wrong

5. #5 matrix1004, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
    This is copied from HTGsupply.com and all other websites say the same. Just looking to help!

BOTH A METAL HALIDE & HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM Grow Light system in one!

Why do you need both HPS & MH bulbs to grow the best plants possible?

Growers worldwide consider the best way to grow flowering plants is by vegetatively growing them under the bright white light of the METAL HALIDE then switching over the the HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM’s super bright orangish/red spectrum for the flowering stage of plant growth. The Metal Halide bulb provides lush, compact plant growth. The HPS bulb’s spectrum mimicks that of the "harvest sun" and promotes explosive, prolific flowering of plants.

Using Metal Halide and then switching to High Pressure Sodium is THE way to GROW the BEST PLANTS POSSIBLE.

This is simply the BEST High Intensity Discharge (H.I.D.) Grow Light System on the market today. Top Qualtiy Construction and Components combined with Outstanding Value make this the perfect choice for your grow light needs.

6. If you have to keep cost low, you can grow just fine with just a HPS bulb. Make sure to buy the HPS ballast and bulb. Later on you can invest in a dual spectrum bulb or a MH conversion bulb. I have had great results growing with only a 400W HPS bulb from Homedepot/Lowes.

I later bought a digital/electronic ballast that will take either bulb. Using both bulbs (one at a time) is the way to go, but the yeild increase was not overwhelming significant. The MH bulb used during veg causes more branches and leaves to form on the most part.

7. tim - dont be confused just keep it simple - buy a 250w or 400w HPS and use it for growing and flowering - you will get excellent results with an HPS

btw - in a space that small heat WILL be a consideration which is why you might want to start with a 250w hps and see what the temps go up to

hth

S&M