Thoughts please / Grow log w pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by makersmark, Apr 28, 2010.

1. #1 makersmark, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    Hello all ... I'm about a week and a half into my first grow and thought I'd put myself out there for some criticism and advice. Don't worry about being gentle, but please be constructive. Thanks!!!

SYSTEM - Using a homemade aeroponics system (built from plans in recent high times article w/ some mods) deigned for six plants.

LIGHTING - 600w MH on an electronic ballast (will switch to HPS for flowering) in a vented hood. Cooled with a 6" centrifugal fan and odorsock, vented to the attic. Keeping on 24/7 for veg phase.

TEMP - Maintaining between 76F and 82F depending on time of day.

NUTES/WATER - Using general hydroponics brand ... 2 parts Flora Nova(7-4-10) to 1 part Floralicious(1-.7-.6) ... slowly built up to 1200ppm and keeping it there, ph kept at 5.8. Current schedule is 15 minutes on, 1 hour off.

4/17 - Started germination
    4/20 - Transferred sprouted seeds to small cups of Perlite and placed under MH light
    4/25 - Transferred seedlings to net cups and started pump system.
    4/26 - Disconnected pump to fix a small leak, forgot to reconnect and went to bed. Discovered this the next morning ... the girls didn't look too happy about going 7 hours w/o water but rebounded quickly.

PICS
    1 - Blueberry Skunk ... a little worried about the discoloration, hoping it's just transplant trauma or from my 4/26 mishap
    2 - LSD ..... Seems nice and healthy
    3 - Super Lemon Haze #1 ... same worries/hopes as on the blueberry due to the tip on the right
    4 - Super Lemon Haze #2 ... growing happily
    5 - White Widow #1 .... My star performer so far. Hopefully she can take up the slack if her sister doesn't make it (see next)
    6 - White Widow #2 .... poor girl, doubt if she'll survive much longer but hoping she pulls through. Her main root poked up through the perlite and got a sunburn before I noticed what happened. Figure next time I should lay a sheet of aluminum foil down as soon as the cotyledons pop through. I thought about yanking her and trying a new seed, but decided to make it more of a learning experience. Besides, with her sister being such an early badass I think I can get away with training her over the grave (if the worst happens) and not losing too much overall yield.

Like I said, very new to this and am very open to advice/suggestions/learning opportunities. Thanks for reading!!!

Attached Files:

2. looks super nice mark. yea keep ww 6 give it some things like superthrive, or what not to try and stimulate it to pop new bud leaves. good luck !

3. subscribed cuz I am also growing WW but in soil... your plants are looking good.

4. Made a post in another forum .... figured I'd link to here as it has some new pics ..... still would love some insight/advice/feedback if anyone's got it.

Thanks all!

Oh, and I'm happy to report WW #2 is pulling through ..... sad thing is the blueberry is taking her place as the sick one.