Thoughts on white people using "*****" as term of endearment?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blaze, Aug 12, 2012.

1. [quote name='"LeftHandLead"']

It's a false image, do you know how many Africans NATO has killed since Gaddafi was assassinated? FEMA? No president should be looked at as a sign of progression IMO... Because the conditions haven't changed.

^^ Do you know what that picture means?[/quote]

apart from my day job I mentor middle school kids from Brooklyn, most of whom are poor and black. I'm speaking from personal experience, but Obama's presidency has made a huge impact on these kids. A lot of them are more motivated than ever to get good grades because they "wanna be like Barack". but hey, im just one dude. maybe my kids are the only ones inspired by mr president.

2. [quote name='"LeftHandLead"']

And I'm saying, how does Obama represent black progression, when the same problems are effecting blacks? Economic chokes on predominately black neighborhoods are still alive and well, leading to gentrification... I posted that picture for a reason and see no one answered me. Do you know what planned parenthood represents in black communities?[/quote]

more blacks fetuses are aborted than white fetuses?

3. Hope is a beautiful thing, especially when it leads to drive. I don't believe Obama's election was all bad, it also inspired older folks who went through civil rights era. I just believe it's a false hope putting belief in a man who's a puppet. And Planned parenthood is an engineered idea (Eugenics) to reduce the black population that's been in effect since Reconstruction after the civil war.

4. False hope how? You can say he's a puppet and he holds no real power, like many others have. That may or may not be true, but it doesn't matter and its not the point of the thread.

Whether or not high power people in our system consider him important or not only matters to them. Average Americans though DO consider him to symbolize progression and he's a major influence. You can say everyone is being led on, but the feelings of the masses are still very real. And the feelings of the masses are what will ultimately guide humanity's future regardless of what anybody says

Hope is too powerful of a force to be overcome by the few. If the masses are inspired to move forward then we will move forward.

5. i dont think any of my redneck friends would call me that word,

but if we are discussing the PRESIDENT im sure i will hear that word,

oooohhhhh . it's so great to live in the south,

even hollywood, is starting to realize this, look at your reality shows,

cajun this and that everthing has to do with us southerners,

you miss so much when your not living here,<

6. i have black friends that probably wouldn't care if i said it but im not a wigger so i dont talk like im black anyhow.

7. I say nikka all the time, I'm Arab though but pretty white for one.

Plus a few black people said that i can now "officially" say it.

8. i am white & never used the word unless a black friend specifically said, "hey man you my niqqa"

but if i heard a group of white guys saying it, i would probably laugh and wait for a group of black people to walk by.

9. I say it to my friends. That's about it. And I don't use it in all my sentences

10. im black, and i dont really care who says it, with an "a" or an "er" at the end. I always thought it was kind of silly how we give words so much power, and always wondered why we are taught to be offended by certain words.

That being said it seems like the only time white people use it is because they know society says they shouldnt, kind of like when a little kid curses to get a little rush from doing something so taboo. I mean its not that funny of a word to begin, unless used in a funny ass joke to add emphasis, and then it still has a lot to do with comedic timing more than the word itself. So i dont really see the need for anybody to say it, less so white people because i doubt they were really raised saying it (of course you have your exceptions), so its not like its a common part of their everyday vernacular. Its like how im not british so its not in my everyday speech to say "wanker" or some shit so i would have to make a concious effort to use it in my speech.

Just with those points in mind i dont really see why you would say it, but eh whatever floats your boat, if you get a kick out of saying it, than say it to your hearts content

11. if, i used it as part of my everyday grammer i'd proablly sound very uneducated,

because when i watch HARDCORE PAWN on t.v.

i see some of the most uneducated mo-fo's ive ever seen,

12. I don't see anythin' wrong wit it, I tell people all tha time that sayin' tha word ***** shouldn't matta becuz of your skin color, I got white friendz who say it and I'm never like oh my gosh Tyrone... Doug just called us *****z!!:eek: I mean there people out there who say tha word ***** just to try to be cool and that kinda annoyz me a bit, like my boy Javonte who is black I feel sayz tha word ***** a lil 2 much, even this otha black kid who I think is a bitch ***** sayz tha word ***** constantly and I'm like aight guy I get it you like tha word *****:laughing:

13. #73 LeftHandLead, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012

False hope is being sold a dream. How many of those black kids now aspiring to be president of the United States actually have a realistic chance of obtaining that position? Better yet, why on Earth would any black in America want to represent a country that clearly sees them as second class citizens?

14. Pause. Are you saying that people shouldn't take responsibility for what they say?

15. My niggga.

Now that's a very nice thing to say, it's like calling you a brother, sounds better thoug

All you guys are my *****s

16. Werd that's how I see it, I don't get mad over small things so I could careless over a term.

17. I grew up where everyone said it. Asians, blakcs, Mexicans, and they all say it to each other. Even some of the more wigger white kids I guess. I don't say it, it sounds weird even though I'm black. I grew up in the burbs and I'm more white washed than your mom's 80s jeans. I do get upset when it is said negatively, it's just like calling someone stupid and meaning it.

So, using as term of endearment, cool it's your word choice not mine.

18. I find no need to use the word.

19. I say hell yea ***** when I'm super excited but that's it..accidentally said it around some black friends and they didn't care probably cause that's a pretty common phrase

20. I'm white and I call all my friends nuqqa or some type of variation
    I don't mean it like "hey ******, you are inferior to me because of your race" I say it like "what up ******". Big difference