thoughts on this SIP system

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by posvibetech, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Just wondering if anyone had seen this video and what do you think about this system?. Was planning on using blumats but this could be easier. I like having all the SIP connected and to a float valve water resivor

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqssok6iXI&feature=plpp[/ame]

2. I like the idea but not the many points of failure for the plumbing. Chasing leaks is no fun. I think G45 had some plumbing parts in his journal that he uses and swears by for his SIP setup. I would damn sure hook this up in a kiddie pool setup though.

3. I have several SIP buckets that are connected to one main water res, through a dummy bucket with a float valve.
    I used 1/4 inch black tubing and a four way splitter from the pet store that I had laying around to connect the SIP buckets to the dummy bucket.
    The float valve regulates how much water is in the dummy bucket, and the dummy bucket sets the level for the rest of the res's. I have a hose below the surface of the dummy bucket connected to a four way splitter, then the hoses go into the res buckets through an air hole and must stay submerged as well. Tis allows the water in the buckets to reach an equilibrium. I do have to prime the res buckets with water, then I use a small pump from the dummy bucket and pump water to all the buckets, just to make sure there are no air bubbles in the line.

It works great!

HTH