Thoughts on this COB light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Peely, May 7, 2019.

1. Thanks for taking the time to look.

I’ve got a tent setup which is currently finishing up a Hulkberry and a Bubble Gum XL, they both have maybe 4 weeks to go under a 400w HPS. They were vegged under a 400w MH and I plan to use that again to veg my next ones.

I don’t have room for another tent so I’m looking for a light I can just hang above my seedlings in the loft for the first couple of weeks of their lives.

My current 2 will finish off for around 4 weeks then most probably hang in the tent for a week or so to dry. In the meantime I want to get my next few seeds germinated and grown for a few weeks so I can bang them into the tent under the MH as soon as it’s free.

Do you think this light would be suitable just for 2-4 seedlings for 2-4 weeks from breaking soil?

Also would the light be a good addition to the current MH/HPS setup in the tent for the remainder of the grow?

[​IMG]

I appreciate any you reading and responding thanks.

2. I doubt its even 100w. Its branded by multiple sellers on amazon with very little info. Id say look for something else.

What about just using cfl for your seedlings?

BL

3. If you are ok with a bit of DIY I would get a couple of these samsung strips:
    SI-B8T101560US Stock and Price by Distributor
    [​IMG]

These have the Samsung lm301b diodes on them which are one of the best on the market right now (arguably the best up until a few weeks ago when samsung came out with a newer model). Installing them is a breeze, you can mount these to anything you want really they wont get hot if you power them low. Then wiring is also simple as it comes with these quick molex connectors its just a matter of stripping some wire and pushing it in.

For a power supply you can get this meanwell driver:
    APC-25-350 Stock and Price by Distributor

should cost you about $30 for parts before shipping and for another $15-20 you can get all the screws, wires and solderless wire connectors to finish the build with.

Here's a good tutorial that shows how to build lights with these strips:
    https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

• Like Like x 1