Thoughts on the Orthodox Church?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ZioKyo, Jul 25, 2018.

1. It was nice to meet you also. May God bless you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Thank you so much. May God bless you too. There's so much ahead for you when you choose Orthodoxy.. Just remember one thing... trust God completely, always, no matter what... even if the situation is totally hopeless, even if there seems like there is no solution, even if you are facing certain death, put your trust in God fully and surrender to His holy will. His Providence governs all and all things work together for the good of all those who are called according to His purpose. All Christians.

Remember this slso, Orthodoxy is pure life, it can be found nowhere else. Mudied waters van be found in other traditions, but again, Orthodoxy is pure life.

There is an important thing to have in Orthodoxy, and that is a Spiritual Father, a Priest or Monk who can help guide you, who has been there.

Orthodox life is a life of radical, even sometimes painful transformation. We are just coal, but God wants to transtorm us into diamonds, so we have to go through all the heat and pressure... all the hardship's and tribulations of Christian life, repentance, sanctification... it's not easy... if you are really serious about it, it's never really easy... but becoming a saint is the goal of every Christian...

So don't give up no matter what, anytime you want to give up, surrender to God and his grace, his uncreated energies dwelling in each of us, and let go of control and let Him have his way, let Him guide you. Not my will but Thine be done.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and forever and unto the ages of ages amen. ☦❤

3. They're as bad as isis shoot them all.
    No matter what religion orthodoxism is holding us back.

4. Ya but......
    The Catholics claim the same thing. Because, according to them, Jesus made Peter the first pope. And they are the "original, first, true church" who have been carrying the torch for all these years.

Who's right?

5. Well technically, they were the same Church for a thousand years. The Pope declared himself supreme over all Bishops, and changed the Apostolic Creed to incorporate the filoque, which is the inclusion that the Holy Spirit proceeds also from Jesus Christ, and not just the Father... and other issues, including the sack of Constantinople, the capital of the Holy Roman Byzantine Orthodox Empire by the Roman Catholic crusaders around the same time, and other issues, created a Schism. And effectively, around 1054 a.d. the Roman Catholics split of from the Orthodox Church. Before that it was just one Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

6. I get all the religion I need from listening to current cosmology and particle physics lectures. For some reason it does the trick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. They preach more faith than most religions that is for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Faith by numbers, lol.

9. By numbers or in numbers?

10. It was a play on paint by numbers.

11. Never heard that expression lol, I thought it was a play on "faith in numbers" which would be pretty apt for cosmologists and particle physicists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Even so, it gives me succor and comfort when I listen to the high priests speak. I'm not really sure why. I guess it's gentle and vigorous/rigorous at the same time and nobody dies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I enjoy it as well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. How can anyone believe in a religion when they cant speak nor understand the original language and ways of the Hebrew people ?
    Wouldn't that be the wises place to start is for you to learn the Hebrew Language and their ways in order to believe in their faith ?

15. I believe I can cook some mean Italian dishes but I certainly don’t know the language.

Translation, translated books, etc is a wonderful thing these days.

J

16. I got a copy of the dead seas scrolls, and translated some of the book of Daniel into English .
    Then compared what I translated to about a dozen different bible translations .
    You have to have a passion for truth knowledge and wisdom.
    I can tell you what I learned , which is allot to me , but might not mean anything to you and you would most likely will not believe me anyway ..
    If you didn't believe Moses or Abraham whats makes me think anyone would believe me .

I am not good at explaining things , but here I go .
    If any scripture is blacked out , then you have to blacken out all the scriptures because that one scripture you blackened out leads too every scripture in the bible , the are all connected in some way or another and
    In the end the you will blacken out or remove every scripture in the Bible ..
    I understand your faith only believes in the first five books.
    I suggest you expand your knowledge to the rest of the scriptures too.
    But if you don't … which animals you plan ramming a knife through their heart and placing them on a fire ?
    God says he loves the smell of burnt flesh .

17. I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. We are not Jewish we are the original Christian Church.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. *Orthodox Christians

19. Sorry I was assuming Orthodox Jews , LOL I was thinking something wasn't right.
    Orthodox Jews only study and believe in the first five books of the bible and the beliefs system is about as traditional as any religion can get .
    What is the difference in the beliefs from orthodox Christians and other Christian beliefs ?
    Sorry for my mistake .

20. I'm curious, too.
    Just not curious enough to convert to find out.

• Winner Winner x 1