Thoughts on the Orthodox Church?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ZioKyo, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I am considering joining.

2. What exactly are you asking?

3. My thoughts are to let live. I'm agnostic.

4. Basically just what you think about them? How do you like their beliefs and traditions compared to the Catholic Church.

5. Maybe check out a debate between Nick Fuentes and Jay Dyer on YouTube.

The former is Catholic the latter is Orthydoxy

6. Thank you. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey, I'm Orthodox. It's the true Church brother, no question. I've experienced some of what Catholicism and a lot of what Protestantism has to offer. Truly there is no comparrison. The Orthodox Church is the true Church of Christ, founded in 33 a.d.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I am really interested in joining. I been in contact with a Greek Orthodox Church near by. Just been kinda shy to go in since I heard the Greeks are kinda ehh about outsiders. I mean granted I am part Greek but I don't look it nor do I speak the language.

Attached Files:

9. I started out in the Greek Church, and I had no bad experiences. But I understand why people might say that, Greeks love Greek culture and are very tight nit, but actually I've had only good friendly experiences when I went to Church. The old yia yia's (Grandma's) were so sweet and generally I think it's just like everyone else, if you are warm and friendly they will be too. I love the Greek Church, it's very upbeat and good vibes. I go to a Russian Orthodox Church, and it''s so holy, Glory to God, it's amazing. Going to the services edifices my spirit so much, strengthens me, fills me with light. Being Orthodox has totally transformed my entire being.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Is there any difference between going to like a Greek church or a Russian church or a Serbian church and etc besides language?

11. Isn't the true church the people, the temple is in each of us?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. There is a difference, the Greek and Antiochian Churches, and the Orthodox Church in America are New Calendar Churches, and those are just gine, but I sense that the Old Calendar Churches have stayed more true to Ancient Tradition, and are even holier than the new calendar Churches. The Russian and Serbian Churches take it more seriously, imo. The Greeks are more chill about it... Normally I'd gravitate more towards the laid back vive from the Greeks, but when I put the transformation of my soul before my comfort I choose the Russian Church every time.

13. *fine

14. No that's not true. If you go to an Orthodox Temple and service you will understand what I mean.

16. **Yes, the Protestant Christians like to take scriptures and make up any meaning that suits them! Stick to the Holy Apostolic Orthodox Christian Patristic tradition. The Holy Father's have lit the way for two thousand years! It's much better the get your theology by someone who is possessed by God than someone who is possessed by their own logic mind! Get out of our minds and into our hearts! Be love, be light! ☦❤

Sorry I'm not used to posting in forums, here is my reply! ^ +++

• Like Like x 1
  17. I appreciate your candid attitude!

I would say we need both our hearts and minds. Passion unchecked can lead to disaster as can heartless intellectualism.

I also agree, be love and light, that is the fundamental of Christs teaching, what more theology do we need?

18. All very true! Also though, Theology is astounding.. there's a book called The Sayings of the Desert Fathers, translated by Benedicta Ward, very good book. It's what introduced me to Orthodox Theology. I recommend getting a copy on amazon, there's even shorter versions that you can find online, but having a paper copy is better. But yes, Be love, be light, if lived out in the Christian context, can be everything you need! I think that there's so much more we need though to understand suffering, and who were are as human beings, in relation to God.. what a truly loving person consists of, what is true love, like is stated in 1 Corinthians 13. It's all so important.. but yeah absolutely in a way it's everything, be light, be love. I think that this journey in life is difficult for everyone, I pray that we all find our way into leaning on God, having true existential faith in Jesus Christ. Truly He is God! Before I believed but now that I've walked with him I understand somewhat, and I know. Experience is life's greatest teacher. ☦❤ Thanks for the dialogue brother, nice to meet you guys. May God guide our way! All of us... Amen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Nice to meet you as well my friend.

• Friendly Friendly x 1