Thoughts on the movie 'United 93' ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by SplitGenetics, Aug 17, 2012.

1. For the people here that have seen the movie, what do you think about it?

2. We watched this in psychology in high school and I gotta say it was interesting to put the event in perspective even if dramatized considering I was only in 2nd grade when the attack happened.

3. I've seen it a few times and really enjoyed it every time.

Love the shifting perspectives, I think itgives a decent overview of events that day and some of the planes scenes are pretty cool and that last moment where you watch it crashing from the pilot's perspective always sends shivers up my spine.

4. The phrases "appeal to emotion" and "propaganda" come to mind.

5. One of the most powerful movies I've ever seen.

6. #7 kush70, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    wow that makes me feel real old LOL :)

really? appeal to emotion? hardly.. I think it's an insightful look into that tragic day

I personally am proud they stood up to the terrodouches and did the best they could !

alot of people died for no reason , they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

7. Good movie, regardless of any inaccuracies it may or may not have had.

By that, I mean, without any prior knowledge of 9/11, it would be a solid movie in itself.

8. I reckon it's a pretty up-front film and a difficult watch, but probably one of the best films of the last decade. It's an intense dramatisation that seems to include all the right details surrounding the event and the last 10 minutes are pretty harrowing.