thoughts on the HLG Blackbird

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrasscityLuke, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Not the powerhouse Diablo but doesn't it have the spectrums covered for start to finish grow? Says to be ideal for a 4x4 tent.

2. Yup, that is a sick light. Full spectrum with deep reds. HLG makes a damn fine product. I have an HLG650 and its been amazing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Get it before they sell out.

Say goodbye to larf even the removed growth that comes back at soil level. Quality light makes all the difference. Not that you'll smoke it all js you wont be leaving anything on the table using this light.

4. I have 20 HLG 2v288 Rspec QB in operation,

5. It's my understanding that the blackbird uses the newest 301h EVOs

6. I learned the expensive way. Stick with HLG. Accept no substitutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don’t find this info any where. I will not purchase a light with out 301h Sammy’s. Plant health is 2nd to none compared to all other lights in my garden. My flexstar has factory manufactured Sammy 301h and the 660s qb board.

8. You're right, it doesn't. Which caused an issue when I first purchased a light from them...My contention was so strong that I received a call from the owner Steve who explained the situation to me. I might have gotten the authorities involved....ok...I did...but I called them off.

Their issue relates partly to exclusive partner marketing rights and getting ripped off by the chinese knock offs. They also didn't want to deal with potential returns from buyers of the old boards wanting to exchange for the new ones. There is a break in the serial numbers as well.

HLG was a first manufacturer to test these for Samsung. You can further validate this by reviewing the diablo specs that have been revised. Likewise the instruction manual and shipping box was updated with the new umol info.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Damn bro, glad you got it handled lol. Cause I don’t like false claims as a manufacturer of products myself. Why boast? Make a quality product and the customers will come.