thoughts on speed queen?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joxter, Mar 26, 2008.

1. so a medical buddy of mine is over his limit, so he's getting rid of a few of his plants, and wants me to try out a speed queen. its a teenager, about 18". and so i will probably veg it for just a bit longer then flower it. but i just wanted to hear some of your guys thoughts on this strain? potency, yield, growth patterns, worth cloning for future grows of this strain?

any and all info you have about this strain would be appreciated, thanks city.

2. its fun to grow because its so easy and tough, mine seem to be shorter and definatly indica dom. if not full indica.

Harvest early (54-60 days) for the signature high, or let it run long and get sucked into the couch.

when allowed to flower fully and cured right this stuff was pretty potent for me, but nothing too spectacular.

3. One of my favorites. mordgrow described it pretty well. You can't get a much more hardy plant. Not out of this world potency but it is strong. Not huge but respectable yields of rock hard nuggets. If harvested during the recommended timeframes, it is a nice energetic buzz that is perfect for doing yardwork, etc. If you want a super hardy, compact plant that is consistently good and has a more peppy buzz, then SQ would suit your purposes. If you want a more typical indica's knock out stone then you may want another strain or harvest later like mordgrow said.

4. Ive grown sp twice and wasnt to pleased with potencey or yeild, i have also grown early pearl and was much more happier given it had pretty much the same traits of sp just tons more yeild and potencey, i also was trying to work on a crossbreed of sp and early pearl for a nice outdoor type situation where i would have been able to plant several times during the year and get an almost propetural harvest if you will, needless to say it never turned out the way i wanted it to.

5. wow, thank you guys for the very in depth strain reports!!

for the low yields, how much were you guys averaging? was it pathetic or just so so?

again thank you for the in depth reports, i appreciate it very much!

6. I wouldn't call yields pathetic by any means. I'd say they were about average in my setup.

7. aright so i picked this babe up earlier today. she looks good, and healthy. nothing has been done to her, as in no topping LST or any thing.

but she bends like no other, so i think i'm going to try my hand at a small little scrog setup for her. she seems like a decent candidate for it, what do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if you cant tell thats the top bent all the way over. so i think she would be good for scrog, she'll be easy to bend under the screen.

[​IMG]

any ways just wanted to share with you guys, and thanks again for the input.

8. The plant looks healthy as can be, its fairly young or was in a room with little to no air circulation so the main stem is weak / bendable like you were saying, so now would be the prime time to start haveing your way with it scrog or sog wise before the stem does start to thicken up naturaly getting prepared for flowering and to support those hopefully big juicy buds.
    Also, whoever mixed that soil put way to much perlite in there.

9. your right with everything!! the plant is young and the guy just had it just out of range of his veg room fan. and yes, way too much perlite, but most of it was just on top, i took the plant and rinsed all the soil from the roots last night and transplanted it into coco. all the plants i get from people are usually in soil, so i have a lot of experience doing that, and have never lost a plant due to that.

edit: it's like your spying on my plants :eek: