Thoughts on Privacy and Thermal Camera's?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by dispensarywiring, Apr 27, 2020.

?

Are you for or against thermal cameras?

1. This is a violation of our privacy.

100.0%
  2. This will help potentially infected people identify premature symptoms and keep others safe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. With the virus still at large many companies are installing thermal cameras to assist with identifying heightened temperatures in individuals. Implementing these systems in the workplace could help with creating a safer environment for employees and customers alike. This equipment is currently in high demand and the starting price is around $15,000 per unit. Upon investigating this new trend a few alarm bells went off in my head. Applied infrared capabilities are not a new technology. They have been used in the market for years, which brings me to the question "Why are these thermal cameras so expensive?". Further research sheds some light on the technicalities of this new surveillance system. These cameras are outfitted with top of the line facial recognition software that can scan and identify 5 individuals in 3 seconds. This is where things get sticky. Do we have to sacrifice privacy for safety? Where is all this data being stored? These are very important questions to think about as more and more businesses are starting to use this tech. It's a scary thing to think about.

2. considering for your own benifit and those you love
    you have been asked to stay at home
    and or wear a mask

kinda of defeats the camera FLIR crap No?

3. #3 dispensarywiring, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    You would think so right? But everyone is pushing for these cameras. I understand businesses want to get back to somewhat operational standards. Also, when quarantine is lifted I understand that there will still be people that will nervous to go to any public places and this could help with that. But I would still rather stay home for a little longer than to have eyes in the skies everywhere. I'm sure the 5G towers and hundreds of SpaceX satellites that were launched last night to support a stronger/faster network have something to do with this. If thousands of cameras are to be implemented it makes sense that 5G would be necessary for all that data. Just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sounds kinda like Cerebro. Talk about invasion of privacy, Cerebro is at the top of the list.

5. I'm going to have to look into that. I haven't heard of Cerebro, but I'm not surprised there are companies like that out there. Reminds me of the saying "Give them an inch and they take a mile".

6. Sorry. Cerebro - Wikipedia