Thoughts on my plant...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChefsBuds, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Hello everyone, I am new to Grasscity and also new to cultivating. Ive have been a MJ lover for many years and recently came across a seed in my stash so i decided to give it a try. I have had this plant for around 3 months. The first month I had a few issues with it like the pot fell over and i had to replant it which slowed the growth. I also had a plant light on it which got to close and burned some leaves and stunted the growth. I know it sounds like i have no idea what I'm doing but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I live in arizona where it has been extremely hot lately, i grow it in my back yard in a milk crate which i painted white and lined with burlap. I used some fox farm soil from my local hydro store. I did top the plant a few weeks ago and also gave super cropping a shot which im not sure i did right. Im not worried about the yield of this plant but more about learn about some techniques and having fun while growing it. Let me know what you think of the plant and anything i can do to improve it. i am very curious about when this lady will start flowering and how long to the harvest. I just put some basic info in this post, if anyone wants any details please ask. I do love this plant but i know it looks nothing like one have ever seen before. Thanks.
    IMG_8907.jpg IMG_8908.jpg IMG_8909.jpg IMG_8910.jpg IMG_8916.jpg IMG_8915.jpg IMG_8913.jpg IMG_8912.jpg

2. It looks like it's balancing between flowering and vegging. Try to make sure it gets at least 18 hours of light per day to keep it fully in vegging state. Then when you want it to flower make sure it gets a full uninterrupted 12 hours of darkness per day. If you muck about with the light and the plant goes in to flowering and then back in to veg repeatedly you tend to see growth like this. I like your big ass pot though, plenty of root room in there

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is this a window sill grow? Not very many windows are a good source of light and may be causing the issue. Single bladed leaves are a sign there's an issue.

4. The pictures were taken on my patio but during the day it sits on the side of my house getting direct sunlight from about 8-4 then filtered light for a couple hours.

5. Then it's only getting 8 hours of direct light. Find a better place.

6. Get up earlier. Put it outside at 6. Bring it in at night if you don't have a safe place in your yard. 8 hours of light is just not enough at all. Gotta get at least over 12 until u flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It's great:)

8. Nice plant! Although 1 problem. Single blade leaves is a sign and not a good one either. I live in AZ too, it's very hot especially if you're in PHX or Yuma. Ever thought of using indoor lights for a grow? Very creative on the pot, I plan on trying it in the near future

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok here it is.... plants grow in a vegative state for as long as they receive less than about 12 hours of DARKNESS .per day .....when they receive 12 hours or more of DARKNESS per day they will flower ...DARKNESS means total darkness not a lamp or any light on them ...and if you keep changing the darkness ..some days more and then less and more and less you get the weird leaves , because it doesn't know to veg or flower.... the stress could cause it to grow man parts on your girl plant (hermies) you don't want that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep more light is needed for better development. Happy Growing!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Old thread lol