Thoughts on LED lighting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ManOfTheYear, Jan 4, 2015.

1. So im a first timer currently using CFLs plants are looking good growing a little slower than i hoped at almost a month old from seed there about 12" tall.. im thinking of investing in a LED light before i hit flowering to be more specific im looking at a Apollo Full Spectrum 300W LED any experience with LEDs? Some say there over hyped but i can find them more affordable and seems i would not need to spend a bunch of money to cool lights/room
    \t 

2. #2 Peflora, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    I just read their product page

Full Spectrum my ass

Ingredients (in this case diode spectrums) are always provided highest to lowest (most to fewest)

White is mentioned last

A proper mj grow light is predominantly WHITE, with a few monochromes to enhance certain peaks

You'll be lucky if it's 150w actual, and watts are not the answer... umoles/m*/sec are

3. #3 ManOfTheYear, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    So i can get a 600W HPS light with dimmable ballast and such for around the same price. Im growing in a empty bedroom with lots of extra room if i went with this im concerned about heat... with this much space would i still need to run ducting and whatever else comes with using bigger lights like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600LS24-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005ECZQTY/ref=sr_1_14?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1420392602&sr=1-14

Thats the kit to be exact i know its not the best but its in budget

4. LEDs are great I have three of them and start seeds under them all the way to Harvest they are under them. I have a 250 watt cfl and some t5s. The only one I haven't tried is the HPS lights.

My sister uses the same LEDs as I do and has a separate room for her hps light it's 400 watts and the plant looks shitty under the hps light. Same strain under the kind LEDs are beautiful. I recommend LEDs all day long. If cost is an issue just save up and get one good light instead of buying 5 shitty lights you keep replacing. Good luck man

5. Had nothing but issues with HPS/MH lighting. LED for me now. Mars2 1200w. I love it and so do the plants.

Come join the revolution!! Australia needs its medicinal cannabis!

IG: Eden_Australia

6. #8 exaaact, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    If you are gonna go LED you need to spend big money, period. Those fake ass lights from Appollo won't grow lettuce @ 150 actual watts. If you absolutely can't go HID then your LED's should come from Lush Lighting or one of the higher end brands but be prepared to pay 500-1000 per light.

This is a pretty ignorant statement, considering there are tons of great reviews on Apollo led, check amazon alone.  Is it going to compete with the higher end leds, prolly not... but will grow great plants just fine.  For a budget light/and or starting out its great.  People are using them just fine with good results.

8. Lmfao, Appollo LEDs wouldn't grow a fucking bean plant bro.