Thoughts? Just winging it :-)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mr_Kryton, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. They are in 50/50 Happy Frog and Light Warrior with ~20% added pearlite. No additional nutrients to date. R/O water every 3 days or so PH'd 6.5-6.7. Their under a Freelicht FL-1000 full spectrum, 100% at ~8-10 inches from tops.

I also have some Blurple LED strip lights I've been thinking of adding to the sides of the grow tent as supplemental?

As I said earlier, if/when I graduate from my experimental 18x36 to the larger 24x48 grow tent, I have the Bloomspect SL1000 and SL600's also full spectrum I'll be running in tandem. But as I'm very much in the learning stage, just keeping things in the small tent :) (Gear I got, experience is in progress LOL)

I've changed to light to 18x6 as I'm planning on starting a White Widow Auto and a Photo or 2 this coming weekend. Not sure which Photos yet though. Ugggh decisions......

• Like Like x 2
  2. if you got the gear, use it! thats the only way to get experience

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fair enough. So to be completely transparent, not my 1st grow but my second. Or 1st and a half maybe LOL.
    1st grow was 6 Bag Seeds the girls had found over the course of a couple of months. All sprouted and were doing good, 3 males and 3 female. Kept the females ,they had recently outgrown the 18x36 I have inside and had been relocated to the 24x48 in the workshop out back and were actually doing pretty well, not great but not horrible by any means, even had heat going for them in prep for the storm.

Well, queue the TX Blizzard of 2021 :(
    3 days of no power and single digit temps, and the girls lost their fight. But they had been doing good enough that we had already purchased some good seeds, and somehow these have survived the storm and as far as I can tell (the originally posted pics on this thread) made it through the freeze quite well. It got cold as hell in here, but I guess being inside and in the grow tent was just enough insulation from the elements.

So, by "graduating to the big tent" I pretty much mean putting on my big boy panties, getting over that failure, sucking it up and cleaning out the aftermath. And as you said, using the gear I got :) But would like to give these 2 survivors their best chances, and here we are, me asking what are probably a bunch of stupid questions.

:hola:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Calmag will be here Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thats crazy to hear that your more established plants died what made you decide that they were not going to come back. Weed is one hell of a survivor. Staring with good genetics makes a huge difference.. just a few things to note through the confusion of this thread.. autos are best on 24/0 or 20/4, you can grow them on any light cycle you want though with good resaults just losing size. Autos are just smaller plants though in general. Photo plants will give you all the opertunity in the world to get the veg stage correct so even if you have some stumbles along the way with enough time anyone can grow a photo out to a pound or 2 pound plant. :) good luck plants are looking good so far man, I will keep tagging along.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, I guess I don't know. I assumed...
    Screenshot_20210223-003900_Arlo.jpg Screenshot_20210223-003822_Arlo.jpg

7. that makes sense. Highly recommend buying a generator. even when its not cold, you need to be able to run lights and air conditioning. power outages happen pretty much everywhere any time of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Glad to be in the Indoor Grow Journals

Quick update.
    Watched some YouTube on other stunted autos LOL. Started the FloraTrio/Calmag and LST
    20210228_094131.jpg

20210228_094139.jpg .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Piss poor planning on my part, had not serviced the little 4k we have in a while. New carb will he here tomorrow.

10. Make sure you only use ethanol free gasoline in it. Ethanol is the death of every cheap chinese carb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah, these are the 2 survivors if the great 2021 TX Blizzard, not to mention I've learned that I've done just about everything wrong with their early lighting when the power was on.

I'm pretty happy with her LOL

12. Hopefully better pics.

Attached Files:

13. Quick update.
    The LST continues, I think it is going well, and the Caramelicious looks to be flowering woohoo.

Been having trouble keeping the RH up, and they are drinking a LOT.

As @420JoeBlow said "If you have the gear use it, how else are you gonna get experience".

Thanks 420JoeBlow, the Bluemat watering system was I stalled and initial adjustments set today as well. I'm excited to see how it does

Attached Files:

14. watering system for 2 plants? does it water constantly? plants in soil should be watered until runoff, then not watered again until the pots are dry. to my knowledge there is no watering system that does that.

dont worry about low RH. weed will grow in the desert just fine as long as the roots get water. if u were running a commercial grow, low rh would be something to address but for a hobby, focus your efforts elsewhere.

15. Yeah, I know, I'm a tech gadget freak :)
    Setting it up in the small tent on the 2 is more a learning thing than anything else, once I have it all kinda figured out, not just the Blumat but the whole grow thing, will be moving to a larger footprint with 4-6 plants at a time. That's the Hope anyways.

No, the Bluemat system does not water constantly.

The "carrots" since the moisture of the soil, you install them when the soil is at the plants optimum moisture, then you adjust the carrots. They then will allow the soil to dry to allow for root growth and avoid rot, and then reopen the drip until the originally set moisture is reached again and stops the drip. It's all gravity fed and pressure driven so zero electrical or mechanical parts.

Here's a product link, there's many YouTube videos on using them for weed grows as well.

Vorteile - Tropf-Blumat

16. Yeah, I know, I'm a tech gadget freak :)
    Setting it up in the small tent on the 2 is more a learning thing than anything else, once I have it all kinda figured out, not just the Blumat but the whole grow thing, will be moving to a larger footprint with 4-6 plants at a time. That's the Hope anyways.

No, the Bluemat system does not water constantly.

The "carrots" since the moisture of the soil, you install them when the soil is at the plants optimum moisture, then you adjust the carrots. They then will allow the soil to dry to allow for growth and avoid rot, and then reopen the drip until the originally set moisture is reached again and stops the drip. It's all gravity ded and pressure driven so zero electrical or mechanical parts.

17. Here's a super short video showing how they work.

18. i feel like thats gonna keep your soil to wet.