Thoughts? Just winging it :-)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mr_Kryton, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 20210221_125317.jpg 20210221_125249.jpg Hi everyone.
    Here my first attempt.
    Bubblegum Kush and Caramelicuous auto-fems that have been on 12/12 light cycle since seeds went into dirt 23 days ago.
    Comments are more than welcome!
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 18/6 or more light

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Ronkanor, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Hello, I think you have the wrong photoperiod 12/12 is for flowering, for vegetative you use 24/0 or 18/6. But as you are using auto-fems you can always use 24/0 or 20/4.
    Cumps.

Enviado do meu Mi 9 Lite através do Tapatalk

4. give autos at least 20 hrs of light all the way to harvest. the one in the first pic is flowering already, its going to be really small when its done.

5. #5 Mr_Kryton, Feb 22, 2021
    Thanks for the replies
    Timer has been switch to always on.

General question. Would I simply always keep the auto fems on 24 hour light?

We (and by we I mean mostly she ;-) ) went a little nuts with our 1st seed purchase, and as we had plenty of the autos I figured that would be my best learning experience. That said, I'll take small over nothing my 1st round.

Thanks again, I'll gladly accept advice always. This forum is truly awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 18 hours or more is fine. I do 18/6 with great results

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great, many thanks...

8. Plants look real good. Once you get on the right light cycle they'll explode

9. Wow, thanks for the props!
    I'm totally one of those doting "new Dads" LOL I have been able to avoid the urges to over water though, I think ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 420JoeBlow, Feb 22, 2021
    photoperiods are easier and more forgiving. only take about an extra week to grow.

i paid no attention to these and they got really sickly. started paying attention and ~ a month later they are the same plants u see in the second picture. and 2 months later in the 3rd pic. yes i put 4 plants in one pot. it can be done.

IMG_7043.JPG IMG_7457.JPG IMG_7684.JPG

11. Well then, that gives me something to think about. We have a collection of auto fems, photo fems, and regulars.

The Engineer in me said "self, the ones that do their own thing would be the place to start..." maybe I was incorrect :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. You aren't correct or incorrect. Everyone has an opinion. I prefer autos because you don't have to worry about a light cycle. Or interrupting the dark cycle

13. changing a timer from 18/6 to 12/12 is pretty easy. Check out the pics of the recovery of the 4 plants i added to my last post.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wow, what an amazing difference.

15. So, is there anything you would suggest to give these poor girls their best chance?

They are in 50/50 Happy Frog and Light Warrior with ~20% added peralite. No additional nutes. Just water every 3 days or so.

I have the Flora Trio, and Domolite Lime on hand.

16. i would use the flora trio but use it at like 25% of what they recommend. and calmag.

17. That is reason 1 for why I grow autos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. For me that depends on the lights. With my Autocobs and quantum boards I now mostly use 20/4 schedule. When I had the old blurple lights, I ran those 24/7 and that was my favorite light schedule.

19. Hi SugarPistils-
    I have these under the Freelicht 1000 LED and am about to switch from 24 hour to an 18x6 schedule. I've read that even autos need some rest period.

I also have some Blurple strip lights I've been thinking of adding to the sides of the grow tent as supplemental???

If/when I graduate to the large grow tent, I have the Bloomspect SL1000 and SL600. But as I'm learning, just keeping things in the small tent :)

As always, I am super grateful for all the advise from the more experienced than I :-D

20. What light? You can run 24-7 with autos. Crank it up. What's your medium?

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app