Thoughts Are More Powerful Than You Think

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FatGrow, Jun 17, 2013.

1. for instance If nicki minaj thinks she's a celebrity and the people we see on tv think she's a celebrity, we in turn think about how famous she is, thinking "aw she's just some other girl" then a week later we look at her as a celebrity(you cant escape it).

I have more examples, but what do you think? :smoke:

2. So thoughts affect our perception. That's exactly how powerful I thought they were, you liar! :p

3. Thank you FatGrow

4. I believe that celebrities look like celebrities.  Like if you had your memory of Nikki Minaj blanked, and then you saw her, you wouldn't think she's normal...she must be a celebrity.  Imagine lil wayne in the real world?  Neither can I.  Tupac looked like there was no way he wasn't a celebrity.  Some people are too good looking to not be celebrities...Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio.  But a lot of it is in their mind "I'm a celebrity" makes them look like celebrities.

5. Idk man, every time I see Nicki Minaj or Lil' Wayne I'm not thinking, "That's definitely a celebrity right there!" My thoughts are more along the lines of, "What a freak!"

6. so as much some of us would love to think we think for ourselves, we dont that sucks unless you maintain your self thoughts

As opposed to other thoughts? :p We are all in control of our own thoughts, though to extremely varying degrees. Meditation helps strengthen that control though :smoke:

8. Not that they're deserving of being celebrities, but they're just not normal people.  maybe you're right though about nikki minaj...i'd think shes just a freak.  black people around here dont dress like that but still.  lil wayne on the other hand...looks famous to me.  in his face.

9. probably just me thinking too much, but I hate when I trick myself into being complex with things, simple is better