Thoughts Advice on new light setup plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ydorke1981, Feb 19, 2019.

1. The pic is my current set up( 2 viparspectra 600, 2 112w true watts 3k high bay lights, 3 15w led bulbs 19 w led blurple, no tent, I lst then use 6' x 4' scrog net to finish. Tropicoco soil, 5 & 7gal smart pots, fox farm trio. Hum 58-62%. Temp 62 at night 78 during day. I also have a nonstop music feed playing for them 24/7, never stops. I've been doing 4 plants about 5 mnts start to finish and getting 3-3.5 z per plant dried, good bud. I'm happy so far. I just purchased 2 more viparspectra 600 to replace thos 2 high bays. The vipars are 260 true watts each so my true led watts will be 1,105 true watts at wall led power. I've been going all photos. My workable area is 6' x 5' if I build new srog net.
    Realistically in that space w new light setup(when they get here) what should I put for plants in that space and will adding 2 lights increase my yield for the $ I spent.
    I'll show some pics of grows I just finished with lights in pic. Any comments, advice, or guidance I want. I made it this far through this site so I have tons of faith. Oh ya besides ff trio I use cal/mag, water is all distilled. The pic(super skunk and Turkish delight) with the scrog net is after I picked the 2 big blueberries that filled in 85% of the net, I didnt have pics with it all I now regret.
    1st pic old light setup
    2nd super skunk picked
    3rd Turkish delight, super purple, cant tell w lights
    4th blueberry picked
    5 and 6 Turkish delight
    7 scrog w ss and td left going
    8 Turkish under nat light.
    I've also read that in areas where there is seismic activity that vegetation flourishes, so if been entertaining vibration being added where plants sit on, is this crazy or anyone else hear of this? Thanks in advance for replies and help.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. I have my new seeds started waiting arrival of new lights.
    1 Tangie fem seed
    1 Turkish delight fem seed
    1 g13 fem seed
    2 critacal hog clones
    1 green crack clone
    1 wedding cake clone
    2 clones that dont know what they are, was told a lemon cross, they have purple stems and yellow/greenish leaves. Look really cool.
    1 lemon tree, cuz I can grow lemons in new england, y not.[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Fucking impressive...

4. I've never heard of the vibration theory, id be interested to see the results.

5. About the seismic activity I could see that being legit. Constant agitation of the roots and soil may stimulate them more and encourage more vigorous growth and with keep soil unpacked and nice and airy. You probably hypothesize some more Benefits..... Id bet there is a fairly cheap way you could set up one pot on a diy “agitator” that would agitate at set times for set peroids

6. They make bed vibrators for deaf folks and at motels. Being funny now, I was thinking of buying a vibrator and sticking in the pot to see if it made a difference....lots of batteries, I'd call em grow-dos. Lol. More serious though thank u for making me not feel crazy, I'm just looking in science to see what else can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It tool me 5 grows trial and error lots of ?'s and reading to get those pics, 1st 2 grows and and just kept getting better. So fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  8. Without outside the box thinking we’d still be in the Stone Age

9. Some nice looking finished product in there. 6'x5' area is 30 square feet. x 40 watts per square is about 1200 watts. You're in the range of correct blooming power.

You have a lack of reflective material in there. Having reflective walls/floor, ect at the correct distance from your light footprint can increase the levels of light intensity in your garden by 25%.

You could get essentially a 25% boost in light output by building a pvc or similar frame and hanging mylar or even just white paint all around the blooming area. That's what I would suggest you do. It would cut down on possible mold or bug problems too. No offense but it doesn't look like the cleanest space. Sometimes concrete floors can also be cold for the roots. It can help to put a sheet of high density foam on the floor of the grow area.

I could suggest some light replacements but you seem to be doing okay. If you want advise on what you might want to upgrade to just ask. A few qb96's could replace those vipars well.

10. I had 8 1/2 oz of good trimmings and little buds left, I didnt fuck with leaves unless they had trichomes. Anyway put that 8 1/2 into 7 sticks of butter and made 100 cookies out of it .super strength omg 1 cookie will last all day. Wish I could tell the mg they are. All I know is I eat it alot and it's more than the dispensary 100mg choc bars. 1/2 cookie your wrecked in about 1 1/2- 2hrs and it's all day dont even smoke and wake up from a weed hangover. 1 is too much 1/4 or half is good. I mean doing the math if it's all theoretically mixed evenly that's 2 1/2 g per cookie. I def learned to decant first and simmer for hours to get best product. Again lots of trial and error. Also made 8 1/2 z of last grow into 2 galof 190 proof grain alcohlol tincture....not as good as cookies but good to cook meat w or I put 15-20ml in an energy drink. Took a shot once bad idea, alcohol too strong and too much herb concentrate just fall asleep.

11. Tbone shuffle, already bought lights so I'm into them for a while, but was considering white or reflective paint on walls of room? Or is mylar the way?

12. Also I cant make a clone for the life of me..powder, gel, dif lights. I just cant make it happen but I can seed lst crop and scrog. Would jus be nice to make a mother when u get THAT special girl.

13. PBS choc chip. I feel the PB helps with its fatty acids, might just be in my head but have become partial to it.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. I also look at qb's but didnt have enough info to make a confident purchase yet. I'll just keep building and learning til right.

15. B4 I found qb. I got some full spec leds. 350$ each. Ended up being great veg lights and ok flowering

16. No offence, It is a basement and it's as clean as I can make it, I'm always cleaning and sanitizing in there, lot of work. But I can have it all locked up and safe with all in household and being locked up I'm all leagal. The pots only get from sitting on a milk crate when bigger on 2 x 4's . I do have to run heat in the winter to maintain especially with fresh air in and exhaust. I live where theres snow and cold now, so winter us more work. Advice I'll take

17. And I'm proud to say no bugs at all, I fought fungus mats for 3 grows. So I'm always sanitizing room between and during grows, sweeping what not. Now when I bring a clone home, it cant go down til it's in my soil and I have 1- 1 1/2" play sand on top. Have been oil on hand in case, been good 2 grows. I dont let any one in there either for sanitary reasons. I'm super careful about mold. Run heat when needed, dehumidifier, humidifier as needed to maintain my levels. 3 fans spread around room constant movement as well as fresh and exhaust. I found smart pots are awesome for situation with breathing and coco/soil/perlite mix I use is airy drains quick and dried fast. I wont plant in anything except dry dry soil and then it all mine from there so that's always a thing finding right cool soil. Put the work in shit comes out real nice and it's yours, very fulfilling.

18. Coco/soil/perlite mix. How does that work with watering? And what are the % of each medium?

19. For the cloning you can make a bubbler cloning system cheap. Made mine for $50.

I was terrible at cloning too. But I’m like 100% in my last 20-30 clones. Shits easy. Just set and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Shaking small Japanese Maples to produce strong roots is a common practice. It was practiced before the internet so it may actually be based on something true. For a weedy cannabis plant, wind or a fan would probably suffice.