Thoughts about any vaporizers better than Volcano?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by theWHexperience, May 15, 2017.

1. I have a Volcano Classic and I honestly love it. I usually fire it up about 4 times a day. I've been one of those guys that only recommends the Volcano for vaporizing despite long heat up time and bag only operation. I was honestly convinced the Volcano was the best though it was only the second desktop I owned(used to have a Da Buddha). Lately, a couple of y'all have told me I might want to check out a couple other vapes. I'm looking to pick up another vaporizer soon so I can leave one at my lake house. Any suggestions would be great! Oh and also, I would love to hear the aspects that are similar/different/better than the Volcano.

Edit:Also, will the vape work with concentrated too?

2. I love my e nano for the perfect high. 20 hits per .05 of pure flavor. I started vaping in December and love it. I am looking to get a volcano in December. For now i want the vapman and vapman station. For getting high on bike rides and getting high at home. I think i would have fun with bags of vapor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Volcano, sorry I know zip about it so I can't help with a comparison. However we have 7th floor vapes (I have an LSV) in common, That said my suggestion for a possible new vape would be a good log vape. I have an E-Nano as my daily driver so in comparison to the Da Buddha its still a corded desktop, also uses a ceramic heater core, has fairly basic variable heat control and works very well in its design limits. Differences, its small and unobtrusive enough not to yell DOPE PARAPHERNALIA at a glance, Its are dope saver with tiny loads and works well/easily with glass. So good luck with your search and enjoy the lake.

4. What's wrong with the LSV? They look pretty solid to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Hey FD...Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the LSV. Its a very good vape and the only vape I still pick up accessories for, as a matter of fact I just got a fatty bowl for it. Downsides, its a cylinder and it skated and rolled around till I stuck it in a stand. So yhea, I am still a big fan but I don't think its what OP was looking for.

6. For me, rolling around has never been issue. The heater knob kinda keeps it from rolling around and I tend to use it in the same place all time with the power cord always tucked away at the back end of the table so it really never skates around. I guess if you are in physical contact with the power cord, skating and rolling around could be an issue.

There are a few people making stands for it now and I was offered one free of charge but I turned it down simply because I have no need for it.

The LSV is my daily driver along with my MiniVap. In regards to the LSV at it's price point, I know of no other vape that offers both the hitting power of a mac truck slamming you in the forehead at full speed along with some of the tastiest vapor around being that the air and vapor path is primarily all glass. The only vape that I have used that beats it in the taste department is the MiniVap but the MV costs about 3 times as much as the LSV. Add to that, the LSV really mates well to water tools, so for me, it makes it just about perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It has a ceramic chamber doesn't it?

8. Which version of the MiniVap do you have and how much are they in American dollars? They look like pretty nice vapes. Like what the Firefly wants to be. The only drawback I see with them is those 4 heat settings, and how damn high they are. I would almost never take it above 375. But having options at 360 and 380 would be a game changer for me.

9. how much are they?

10. No. The chamber is glass. The heater uses a ceramic heating rod.

One can get to lower temps by not packing directly into the bowl but rather use their screen baskets attached their flexicones. It's the way I use the MV. I've never packed directly into the oven.

When you say, which version, I'm not quite sure what you mean. In regards to cost, the price has dropped pretty dramatically form 900 dollars down to 419. Still expensive but there are very few if any vaporizers that compete with it in the taste department.

11. My opinion is a Volcano is almost unbeatable for vaping. Flavor and aroma with the bags are hard to beat. Just my 2 cents.

12. I owned a Volcano for many years. Frankly I'm no more impressed with them than I am with my Pax. They're expensive whip vapes with a fancy metal shell that disguises how simple they are. But like every other conduction vape I've found, the first hits taste great, maybe for a minute or two, or with the Volcano, the first bag or two run at lower temp, then it gets a little cooked and starts to taste cooked until it's gone. I'm not saying I think Volcanoes are "bad," but I do consider them extremely overpriced given their limitations. I don't know many regular vapers that want their vapor out of a bag at this point. If nothing else, whip/tube/airpath based vapes provide thick, solid hits. And if it's hitting hard enough, it does a lot to make up for the degradation in taste. Afaik, a vape doesn't exist where your last hit will taste as good as your first.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Totally agree but the MiniVap comes close. It retains taste longer than any other vape that I have ever used and this sentiment is echoed quite a bit over at FC by other users as well.

14. When I was looking at their website last night they look really complicated. They have a ton of tiny replaceable parts. I feel like I'd be losing things all the time. Would love to try one though. People don't get all that adventurous with their vapes here though considering how much research was done here. We had a guy selling vapes made with a jar, a couple of hand blown tubes, and a heat gun that could fill bags with way higher quality vapor than a Volcano ever could. It was the first vape I ever tried. In a teepee set up in front of our old courthouse when I was 15 lol.

15. Great visual. hehe......thanks for that.

16. I'm in HippyVille, Oregon. That's nothing lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was a bit surprised you had a da buddha and didnt keep it! I really cant suggest anything else, thats my one and only...

Attached Files:

18. Basically in my opinion, almost anything is better than a Volcano. I feel like bags are 20 year old technology and that vapor straight from the herb, through a vapor path, to my lungs is far more effective. It would also appear that Storz And Bickel understand this, or they wouldn't have put all of that energy(and cash) into the Plenty, Crafty, and Mighty. Which are all great vapes imo. But if I *were* going to go with Storz And Bickel I would go with a Mighty or a Plenty(slight edge to the Mighty because of the app.) I would also tend to agree that they do make cool party vapes, but so does a Pax for a lot less money. If I were going to go spend $500 on vapes tomorrow(and if I had an expendable $500 I would,) I would buy a new MFLB(because nostalgia,) and a Firefly 2(so that I can say that I have both of the most popular vapes currently on the market.) I don't know if this is a me thing or not, but because of the number of high quality vapes on the market, and my inability to afford them all, and a strong desire to try them all and know them all, I always find myself wanting what I don't have. Even when what I have is considered more than adequate by most people. Different vapes can give off a different feeling(particularly vapes like the MFLB that can get hot enough to do a conduction/combustion mix thing. I have a couple of crappy Chinese vapes I occasionally break out for just that reason. Is it pure "true" vapor? No. But it isn't smoke either.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vapeexhale is the best

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. #20 Death-StoNeD_QcMtl, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Well i just bought an arizer extreme Q and am more then satisfied(even after spending 35$ on a box of rolling papers) and im amazed whip and bag options, 3fan settings a remote control? Lazy stoners... Works like a charm paid 188 with shiping and taxes. And its made in canada.

Edit : its assembled in canada and discreet shiping label says "hot air generator / potpourrie heater"

• Like Like x 1