Those who want to argue, debate me!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, May 13, 2011.

1. True, but 2 things.

1. God essentially deals with "why," whereas science deals with "how." They need not conflict, as they primarily deal with two separate issues.

2. "God" does not have to be a supreme being...or a "being" at all.

2. #102 DirtySix, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    Prove you're not my brother.

I refuse to believe

I already do!

They're always true. I choose love and do not need the hate that comes with disagreeing with others in my life and you cant tell me different.

edit: I fail at quoting sometimes

3. The term "God" sounds like reference to an intelligent being to me.

4. Methinks dirtysix misunderstands and mischaracterizes me :p

5. I wasn't aware I was "characterizing" you at all. Pretty sure I haven't said a word to you this whole thread until this point. Act an ass, look an ass.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbUxePfsoWE]YouTube - COLORS BULL JOKE[/ame]

7. I disagree, I have come to the conclusion that It is ALL about the journey, not really the end.

8. If your trying to say that god is just something that created us for the hell of it, then of course he wouldn't be a supreme being. You say god deals with the "why", why what? why we are here, why he decided to go out his way to create us.

you couldnt even attempt to answer those questions without gods knowledge.

science does deal with the how. because thats the important question, the one that we can find and prove with facts.

religion should really stop and think about why they aren't trying to learn how.

9. Journey there is no way to start a debate to end all debates.

There will always be people with dif. points of view.

10. The journey creates the end.

11. what is the end?!

12. Without ends there could be no journey. The same way without death there could be no life. Maybe death is part of our evolution to make ourselves better. For if people knew there would be no end then what would motivate them to make the most of the time we have.

13. What about biological immortality?????
    Why does there have to be an end for there to be a journey? I could easily say that my journey doesn't end when I die. Who's to say to my consciousness doesn't split from my mortal shell when it is biologically defunct?

14. Just because something ends doesn't mean that there will be no new beginning. To have a beginning though there must have been an end at some point. You could be right. We could transcend into something greater than what we are or we could merely turn into cosmic all knowing energy. That is something no one knows but everybody will find out one day. For no matter how hard we try no one is going to make it out of this alive.

15. There has to be a first beginning though. A beginning before an end, or there can be no beginning. Just an 'always was', and further even if there was just a first beginning, it doesn't necessarily there will be an end, maybe just always evolving. But on that same note, even if it "always was" it does not mean there won't be an end. Just a complete and total abyss at some point.

Not saying these things are necessarily true, just possibilities.

Once you realize that, life is much much better.

16. time is only an illusion.

17. Hey everybody, let's argue by taking quotes out of context and leaving out important parts like

Don't act like I'm stating certain things when the quote you butchered clearly shows I'm not when looked at as a whole.

18. #118 reeferer420, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    jeez dirty if you didn't just misinterpret what i said you would have realized i was agreeing with you =/