Those who have tried mushrooms, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by FindingTim, Jul 8, 2009.

1. some close friends and I have great plans for a mushroom experience.

it is hard for me to accept that there are other states of consciousness out there that i am not familiar with... yet i feel some reluctance to shroom.

what are your thoughts? did shrooming expand your minds?

2. uhhh, basically they are fucking amazing.

if you have the chance and you feel good about it, fucking do it! Enjoy the ride!! If you have any bad feeling in your stomach, just lay down and tell yourself it's all in your head. I really didn't get any discomfort at all my first time, but I did after that(probably from taking too much).

3. Done shrooms about 8-9 times.
    I love them, and I love doing them with friends.
    Always fun and laughs.

4. Basically they're one of the greatest things ever.
    Do it and have fun with it.
    But I love psychedelics.

5. Shrooms are a fantastic experience. I went in simply expecting a "more intense weed high" and was completely blown away.

I'm picking up an ounce of shrooms later today, actually.

6. Depends on the person I think, but it definately has the capability of being mind expanding. It almost puts you in third person of your life IMO. Idk, if you try it, you'll have your own perspective of it. I dont think there is anything to worry about. If you are anxious or paranoid, your going to ruin the trip so make sure you are having a great day and are ready. Don't just do without being ready, you could set yourself up for a disaster.

7. I've had a couple friends trip out, but honestly they were fine the day after. They are AMAZING. Everything is great and they are honestly the best "drug" I have tried yet. You won't get over the walls melting and everything "breathing & palpitating" it will be some crazy cool shit. Make sure you have cool stuff to look at like trippy posters and stuff for more added fun. Draw too! Express yourself.

8. later this summer, the plan is to take a week long smoking break, then shroom with some friends here:

[​IMG]

9. im afraid of having a bad experience if i took them...i also have GI problems as it is so there are some worries there too.

10. you should take them with a trip sitter who has experience with them.

if you start to feel bad drink water and try to pee both of those things can cause bad trips and you wont even know what it is because you are to confused.

also don't wander around ive had bad experiences doing that while on shrooms.

11. It's fucking awesome!!!

12. Just did em yesterday for my second time. We downed em in OJ and after about 10 minutes my stomach began to hurt. I thought I had to shit at first and when I got into the bathroom I started tripping hard. I was feeling super sick and was worried I had taken too much. After about 10 minutes I puked my guts out and felt immensely better. I tripped decently for about 4 hours. It was a hard trip but i'm glad i puked because I would have been pretty bad off. My friends all tripped about 8 - 10 hours.

Just be careful how much you take, the ones I toke yesterday were incredibly strong so ask about potency before you take em. Good luck and have a nice trip.

13. Well to play devil's advocate...Shrooms do not agree with everyone. Me being one of them...

First time I did shrooms was TERRIBLE. Did them with my 2 friends and we were all first timers. We got a quarter oz of them and we each did a couple of grams. Things were going pretty good I was watching Andrew Dice Clay on HBO and felt like I was in the audience.

Then my heart started freaking out badly. From normal to my heart pounding out of my chest I thought I was going to die right there. Both my other friends started having a bad trip themselves one fell into a horrible depression and crying. The other was having stomach pains and laying on the floor. This shit went on ALL night and we felt like death the next day.

Bad shrooms? possibly

Many years later I tried them a few more times and it sucked every time. Made me feel like shit.

So take my experience for what you will. Shrooms do not agree with everyone and I'll never do them again.

14. I think shrooms are alright.

If you take over 5 grams of them you'll probably get sick, I've only ever had an eighth at a time and felt a little woozy but never threw up.

Things can be either fantastic or terrible, depending on your mindset and such.

I thought I was an owl when I took them at a music festival with a whole bunch of people, not recommended.

I took some by myself at home one day and watched a scary movie, also not recommended lol.

The best time was I was alone in my room doing them, listening to Infected Mushroom, watching shadows dance and swirl around on my ceiling. I just felt so fucking amazing and I even felt like I had a religious experience.

15. Do not do mushrooms unless you are in a completely comfortable mindset and environment. If you are unsure about anything or anybody than that can come back to bite you hard in the ass later on in the trip. If you find that you more comfortable by yourself than around people, than it wouldn't be a bad idea to trip by yourself as long as you are in a positive mindset and mood.

You can either have an epic experience or a horrible experience. Remember, the choice is yours and yours alone. Happy tripping, you're gonna be fine.:)

16. your first experience with shrooms sounds like a experience i had taking a huge bong rip once. my buddy bought a 2 foot bong and we filled it with some kind bud and i took a massive hit. i couldn't talk so i layed down and then my heart rate elevated and i thought i was going to die. on shooms, however, thats never happend. either way i chalk it up to a bad mental state. i would try them for sure. worst case scenario you're back to normal the next day.

17. Its possible you guys were dehydrated also. I know this can happen with weed because smoking causes you to dehydrate, hence the cottonmouth. Its always I good idea to really hydrate yourself and eat something before ingesting any substance.

18. get pumped to do shrooms and you'll love em!, otherwise, maybe not.

19. Shrooms are fucking amazing. I would eat 2 grams for your first time as the trip can get pretty intense at times. It's important to trip with a person you are comfortable with because when your tripping, your mind won't hold anything back and you will be confronted with some questions you might not have wanted to ask. Almost guaranteed on a mushrooms trip. ;)

Aside from that, if you are in a good mood you're trip will be terrific. The visuals and mental mindfuckery is something to behold. :hello: