Those who believe shootings are on the rise read this

Discussion in 'General' started by thelizardkin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. We can't take people's guns at this point we can only try to prevent these things. They are already out there how would the government take people's guns away? Bring an army to your front door?

It's just not practical at this point.

However I do agree with you that making it harder for people to obtain guns would help.

2. Firearm buy back programs have been successful elsewhere, but again, never worked too well in the states. Probably because the right to bear arms is so engrained in American culture. I ask again, why does someone need to own an assault weapon? Because that's the American way?

The issue makes my head spin, and makes me very glad that I live in Australia now. Not to say that laws and tradition down here are better or not, but the Aussie way is to just crack a beer and take 'er easy, mate. :smoke:

3. I won't say that I'm against gun control or pro gun control because I don't really care about it. But what you said is fucking stupid, no offense to you at all. Not saying you are retarded) A car is a tool, it is not meant for killing. I'lln use a match as an example here
    A match has many uses completely unrelated to causing death. A match is not manufactured or intended for death. And the same goes for drugs (unless of course you're talking about the death of the walls confining us to our limited understanding of perception, man). In fact, the same goes for basically anything other than a firearm. Tools are misused to kill people, it's true. But tools are meant for something else entirely. Tools build and fix and aid and improve. Firearms do not. If used correctly, a firearm is meant to, in an instant, kill or destroy something. If a gun is used incorrectly, it would actually mean that something doesn't get shot.