Those damn animals: What to do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ginger Bud, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Well i've been growing out in the same spot for over a year now, and now i just started my winter crop, and i thought i had my animal problems figured out. wrong again! i think it could be either rabbits or cats, i belive it could be cats because they will flip my protective cages and eat the tops off the plants. i do have a chicken wire fence but they seem to find ways in or around, this is why i think it is cats. Question to you guys, what do you use to keep the animals out of your spot, the spot is well maintained and well hidden. Any recomendation on products or things someone can do to help prevent these problems. i already try to go out there wizz all around the spot, but it's not doing its purpose.. so how about some input.....

here is the spot
    [​IMG]

here it is in bloom:
    [​IMG]

2. I love the difference between the 2 pictures! Some use "Liquid fence".

3. ya nice pics i have heard that if u leave some worn clothes it will help hair also. also ive heard alot of oldtimers say that if u mix some water and hot sauce up and spary it on the plant then animals dont like the taste and move along.

4. Don't use your own hair though (DNA).

5. i heard that the hot sauces and peppers can make the little animals wanna scratch their eyes out if it gets in there eyes. little to cruel, tried the liquid fence and results would only last about a week, due to frequent rain fall in my area. i hears some guy pissed into a bucket everyday and added some other key items to the mix, was thinking about that but dont realy want to keep a bucket full of piss layin around, i got a blind dog that just loves to knock shit over, in this case piss.

6. maybe my dogs hair?

7. I wouldn't as they can tie it to you. In a kennel maybe. Don't use smelly manure and fish ferts or blood bone meal as it can attract animals. I'm not sure about how to ward off animals (few here) but from what I read, "liquid fence" works great. You can also circle your grow with fishing line. As it's invisible, if animals go there, they will be scared and scatter off. You had some nice plants going on there. Did you get a big harvest? What strain?

8. #8 Ginger Bud, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008

ok harvest had to cut early due to pending hurricane conditions, harvest was a little over 2lb's in the end. strain was shiva III from , from a custom breed from west fl, and some haze and afghani