Thorns on pollinated female?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by gumbygrow, Jul 9, 2018.

1. I recently decided to make some seeds for future use, I let a stable male hashplant pollinate a couple female hashplants then decided to cross it with a peppermint kush feminized plant as well. Big mistake not isolating the male and pollinating by hand, its all seed, but that is a different story for another time. I just noticed the stalk if the peppermint kush has what appear to be thorns protruding near the base. Any idea what is going on? It is most definitely mj, peppermint kush it is the 3rd of 3 seeds from barneys farm. 20180709_105047.jpg

2. those are roots, is your humidity really high theremaybe. maybe the base is getting to wet. overwatering can kill a plant .

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No high humidity, and I just watered. This plant is in a 7 gallon the humidity averages 50 to 60 at most, day temps 80 to 85 degrees night 70 to 75. I share 2 gallons between 3 plants every couple days.

4. Tomatoes do this too.

You can just bury those roots or do nothing. Doesn't make a big difference either way.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

5. Strange I have never seen this before, I did try some new soil, black gold organic, Aka bag o gnats. Maybe they ate all the roots that are in the dirt. They go up the stalk about 3 or 4 inches then taper off. She is almost done anyway, just haven't seen it before. Thanks for the info.