thomasjeffersons veranda

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Feb 10, 2014.

1. They're looking nice and healthy. Hashberry is one tall plant.

2. Thanks pak! I know right? She is just growing crazy fast. I've been told she doesn't stretch much so I'm hopin she calms down a bit lol.

my first grow

3. #63 DeadLeaf, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Hehe.. "Sex organs" :laughing:

Edit: I really like how clean your tent looks! Way cleaner looking than mine! lol
    Maybe I should have my lady clean my tent too! ;) hehe

4. purty gurlz!
    I have two words for ya bro.
    plant training.

you got the environment right for them.
    Just always be thinking light intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance.

Twas Ever Thus!

5. I'm just gonna call myself out for being a brain dead nut job (I think)....but how the heck does that statement make sense??? lol
    Light intensity Inversely proportional to the square of the distance? ...say what now??

How's about this..
    LST to ensure light is evenly distributed over the canopy! Always get the light closer if you can! ;)

6. Its called science leafy I wouldn't expect you to understand. TJ knows exactly what I am talking about.

Twas Ever Thus!

7. Yeah I hear ya lol. That is gonna be one serious main stalk on hashberry. I should have been more vigilant early on. Could have done some topping probably. That plant has very little side branching goin on. I've been keeping the light from 18"-24" away most of the time. Just kinda riding the wave n seeing where it takes me I guess.

my first grow

8. #68 donothinggardening, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    It's called the 'inverse square rule' if I remember correctly.

I'm sure they taught ya that one at canna school. But yeah even canopy and light distance is the whole idea. Lol... couldn't resist.... just pokin fun leaf :)

my first grow

Attached Files:

9. Try and catch and release on that meristem and you'll get those sidebranches is pumped up in a day or two.

:smoke: y

10. F*ck....... I've got like 5 episodes of Breaking Bad to go..... don't want it to be overrrrr lol

11. I watched it for a while it was pretty good.

12. Thanks fer the kind words buddy :) I think I missed the edit.

Thanks for the suggestion, smokey. It's not too late huh? I guess they might stretch fer another week eh? CnR is just gradually bendin her over right?

Dude I know how you feel. I miss that show lol.. the whole series is awesome and the last few eps are just nuts lol.

I had to start it over a few times. It gets kinda slow in one of the seasons. But overall the show is so well-made... I am in love with breakin bad lol.

my first grow

13. Nah.. They skipped the lesson on being an anal retentive know-it-all! lol

I can honestly say I've retained less than half the info I've learned over the years!
    Having said that.. It doesn't take away from the production of fine meds.

I'm def not here to wow anyone with my ability to google shit I claim to know off hand! Hehe
    And I try to use as little math in my grow as possible! :) ...I'm sure it shows! lol

14. :D

Twas Ever Thus!

15. [​IMG]

Now those are some happy plants....looking great! Subbed :wave:

16. Thanks buddy! Glad to have ya!

17. As the distance from the light increases, the intensity decreases. The math works out like this. If you double the distance, the intensity drops to a fourth. So that task cola will end up getting a lot more light than the rest of the canopy can, since they are so much farther away.

Does that help?

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

18. picture perfect dude..

you gotta be thrilled with everything so far..

congratz man.

and i'm liking your style.. get the grow under your belt.. worry about the training next run. You're gonna end up with a ton of bud regardless.

19. Many thanks for the kind words man. Greentrails just said something similar in the lounge: "means a lot comin' from a grower like you." Well that certainly is true. I'm stoked to have a grower of your caliper givin me props. I am definitely thrilled. I'm just kinda lettin them do their thing and tryin not to get in the way too much. Mainly because I don't have a clue what i'm doing! Hah. I know howta mix up dirt n lug water... luckily for me that's about all I gotta do lol.

You did your homework and absorbed the lessons others have shared. So it's been more than mixing soil and hauling water. The results show that you can be very successful on your first grow if you pay attention to other growers' experiences. Plus you've learned one of the most important lessons, LITFA.

Looking great my friend.