thomasjeffersons veranda

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Feb 10, 2014.

1. I'm sub'bing up. I've followed your progress from the start but it is nice to see the seed to now pictures. It will help noobies to see seeds grow and how they progress. It's almost like going through their first grow.

Looking forward to the smoke report.

2. Me too :D I wish I could share it with ya! Glad you are here, Pak.

Update 2/10:

Ok, I gave the soil its first ACT on Friday. I used the 5 gallon brewer from KIS and their tea kit. I must say that the girls seem to have loved it and are responding really well.

I think Hashberry grew like 6" in a week! Flipped em over to flower tonight. Now the fun begins!! Right around 36 days of growth so far. 41 days since the day of sowing.

my first grow

Attached Files:

3. looking good Tom! :wave:

:eek: thats some serious growth they've put on in the last bit.

your flowering with a 400w in that big ol tent? i suggest aggressive training if you want to maximize that canopy, those girls each individually, look ready to take over :cool:

very nifty companion crop. do you just let that grow and then compost it or what?

subbed :wave:

4. Hey, greentrails!

The plants have gone crazy in the last week. I figured I better flip em sooner rather than later lol... Hopefully, the 400w will keep up....

I'm just letting the clover do its thing. If it survives, then it will continue to be living mulch. If not, it will be nonliving mulch. It's pretty lookin' anyway lol.

Glad you stopped in, buddy! :wave:

my first grow

5. yeah dude, that growth explosion looks awesome. are you moving the pots out of the perlite or just letting the roots get down and into it?

6. Before I added the scrog cages, I was twisting the pots every few days to break off any stray roots. Now I can't really w/out messing up the scrog. I'm hoping that the roots don't go too crazy. I know some ppl end up with a big rooty biomass in the res...

my first grow

7. looking good Amigo!
    subbed.

Twas Ever Thus!

8. Nice start! They are looking and acting happy for sure.

Subbing up now.

9. Your individual scrogs are reminiscent of what I jury rigged for my first successful run (much healthier and more compact plants than mine were, BTW).  I'm a die hard Bagseed adherent but love watching what designer strains do in more talented hands.  I'm pulling myself out of an overlong slump and hope to have things in hand now.  

10. ¡Muchas gracias, amigo!

¡Bienvenidos!

Hey thanks, chefzig! I'm glad you're comin' to hang out!

Hello, chupa! Thank you for the kind words. I do have a collection of bagseeds that I plan on exploring. Should be exciting! I'm glad to have you around. Feel free to stop by anytime!

my first grow

11. Nice!!! Now I can bug you on your thread!! :p

Looking great dude!! ....see? You can grow! lol
    Looking really really forward to seeing some plumpers!
    ;) go get'em tiger!! Rawrrrr!!!!

12. Please do! I've blown up your thread enough. I'm lookin forward to the 'plumpers' too lol :D

my first grow

13. Hey.. You know that Thomas Jefferson grew hemp, right?
    I'm sure you already know that!

Cuz if you didn't, I must recommend that you slap yourself and realize the irony! :p

14. Everyone grew hemp at that time. It was the major textile for cloth. Fiber for paper and rope. Oil for numerous uses. Hemp seed was a big part of their diet. Half the meds. of the time were derived from hemp.

Twas Ever Thus!

15. It was the law to grow hemp, and it could be used to pay taxes.
    At one point in time I suppose

16. back when it was actually being used to its full potential.. preach it brotha man! and hope our time will see this revolution rediscovered.

wonderful plant with amazing properties

17. It would be sweet to have a car made out of hemp.... that ran on hemp oil.... building materials from hemp.... i'm ready for the hemp revolution....

my first grow

18. You folks in Colorado are really doing us all a favor and helping the movement gain ground here in Cali as well.
    As much as everyone would love to see the revolution triumph with a great big "KABOOM",
    really... I'd settle for this long drawn out silent explosion any day, if we can just get some god damn federal laws changed!! We are getting there and we will win! It's working!

19. Step 1   Plan your work.
    Step 2   Work your plan.
    Step 3   Learn to wait.

Looks like you've got steps 1&2 well covered.
    Congratulations on your decision to "jump into it"
    But, be warned, though MJ isn't addictive, indoor gardening certainly can be ;)
    Oh, and don't worry about step 3, learning this skill (that's what the act of creation is) is gonna teach you patience - in SPADES.
    Hope ya don't mind if I tag along, I've learned over the years even a "newbie" can show you something new and/or useful,
    if ya just pay attention.