Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This worked better than I thought.....

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Stoneycaverns, Jun 6, 2016.

1. I took about 1/4 cup of canna oil and mixed it with a cup of 80 proof moonshine and let it sit for two months.

Put about 2 oz in a coffee with some honey. Wow, there went the day.

2. canna oil, moonshine, coffee and honey... WTF?
    Oh, and why did you let it sit for two months exactly?
    is this like, common practice here or something? because I'm new

3. If you didn't decarb the material before hand it might need to set for 2 months to get active.. I always decarb first so it's ready to go right now.. No screwing around waiting..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    My hash thread has both alcohol tinctures and hash oil caps recipes in just a few pages..
    BNW

4. I used declared herb, so no problems there. I was thinking the shine might absorb more with time. I like to infuse liquors as a hobby and 'shinnabis was my latest concoction.

Really, it was just a wild assed guess, but it did work fine.

Without the coffee and honey, it tasted like crap.

5. So could you just soak your bud in the moonshine?

I know I've read fat molecules are what help it effect you. So I would think if you took a shot of the moonshine would the THC effect you?

6. THC is quite soluble in alcohol and extracts very quickly. You don't need much soaking. Another Tincture Thread
    has directions for making a tincture. Or the Dragon Lite thread.

7. That's pretty cool. I'd have to try it in some butterscotch moonshine I've got before. I think that would be pretty good.

You just have to de-carb it right?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, Guee, decarb your herb- 240F for 40 minutes, then follow the tincture directions (there is an index in Another Tincture thread which has the recipe). I can't imagine butterscotch moonshine, sounds good.

9. Guee..
    Correct.. I freeze both the ever clear 151 and the bud and do a very fast wash with just enough alcohol to agitate while shaking in a mason jar.. Pour off the liquid and squeeze out all the fluid you can..
    Ready to go.. Try it an eyedropper full at a time under your tongue and wait 5-15 minutes between hits..

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 Guee, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Still de-carb by baking at 220 for about 20 minutes in a tinfoil pouch? Or just strait into the ever clear?

*edit*
    I looked up some information including the pages BNW had made, and I now know what tinctures are and am super exited to try them..

11. To answer an earlier question, I did not soak bud in moonshine. The canna oil was from a previous effort, I just added the oil and 'shine in a jar, capped and shook to mix and the put it aside for a coupe of month thinking it would make the flavor infuse into the liquor.

Tasted like crap straight, but with coffee and honey, it was good.

If anyone else has a story of cannabis infused liquor, I would like to hear it.