This Will Blow Your Mind

Discussion in 'General' started by k.smith904, Apr 11, 2009.

1. A friend said the following to me during a sesh last night, and it blewmy mind:

If God is the most powerful thing in the universe, and can create anything, could he create something more powerful than himself?

Hopefully someone else finds this interesting, so I don't look like a d-bag.

:smoke:

2. lol that question has been around for quite some time. My friend and I love to get blazed and try to blow each other's minds. One time I told him something and he started at me with a gaping jaw for about 4 minutes. lol

3. I LOVE getting wrecked and talking about stuff like that. Me and my good friend in Spain(before i moved) went for a smoke at this huge dam. We spoke about conspiracies, god, death,aliens.....and so much more. It was a really good conversation. I still remember it now.:D

4. In theory, yeash. But truthfully, no. Why? Because there is no God :p

5. The way I've heard it is really interesting:

God is supposed to be all-powerful, correct?

Well could God create a rock that even he couldn't lift?

If he can't create the rock than he's NOT all-powerful.

And if he can create the rock, that means he can't lift it, so he's still NOT all-powerful.

Therefore there is no all-powerful God.

6. But he COULD create a rock that he couldn't lift but he just doesn't so hes still all powerful, he doesn't need to prove that to you.

I don't believe in god though so idc just a theory

7. this should probably go into the spirituality and philosophy forum.

but this question brought down to its simplest form would basically be the statment, "A un-stopable force meets an immovable object."

8. An old, old philosophical riddle. There actually is an answer. Yes, he could make something he can't move, and yes he could then move it. Omnipotent means just that; infinite power.

Yes, it's a paradox.

9. #9 D.M.B_22, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    well after thinking about it, he can not make a rock he can't move because he would just be able to move it...if that makes any sense to you...it worked in my head...:smoking:

edit: now that i have come back later i realize what i said made no sense and was compleatly idiotic :p

10. ahah the uncreated creator, man

11. from simpsons: could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself couldnt eat it????

12. ding ding ding

13. Within this context 'God' is a metaphorical construct for the purpose of philosophical thought. Whether or not there is a 'God' is irrelevant in that context.

14. I believe this to be gods downfall. He is so powerful that he created a world that he could not damage or destroy. So many people always say he can do nething. Maybe he's throwing everything he can at us and were gaining strength and repelling his command. Who knows.

15. That is a good question.
    My friends and I always come up with strange questions and relizeations.
    We were all stoned at my dealers house and some dude was like... imagine a world wide rock-paper-sissors tournamint. The winner in the end would have to win 100% of the time. That's crazy... He/she would be like God. Haha think about it. :smoking:

16. if you're the most powerful thing ever, you cant create something more poweful than you because then you're not the most powerfulest thing ever

17. It's like what Homer said in the medical mj episode of the Simpsons: "Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

18. if the god of the bible were real, he isn't omnipotent, and a little mumbo jumbo called "the bible code" proves this if you read into it.

19. If there is a god, then yeah, he would be able to create a rock he couldn't lift. But the way I look at it, if there is a god, he would be more of the psycokenisis, mental power kind of guy, and probably couldn't lift shit to begin with, because he has to use his mind on a regular basis and doesn't have much time to work out.

yeah sorry if this doesn't make much sense I'm kind of baked.

20. i LOL'd