This will be interesting.......

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Drucias, Apr 7, 2003.

1. So what do you guys think? Indica, Sativa or both?

2. i think its indica cause i think indicas have short fat leaves like those and sativas have long skinny leaves could be wrong

3. When a plants leaves get burned do the leaves recover or just die and fall off?

4. Last night I had my desk lamp on and I had put my biggest plant up on my desk just then my dog (puppy) ran out of the house off into the dark somewhere and I had to go chase him well after I came back which was probably 15-20 minutes I totaly freaked because I hadnt noticed that the lamp light was soooo close to my plant but luckly the only leaf that was badly burned was one of my first 5 lanced leaves, so I cut it off and one of the two new leaves has small burn marks but not even big at all SO I guess they will be okay, I need to watch what I am doing next time!....Now the plant looks super ghetto theres just this huge blank spot on one side of the plant HHHAAH. But its okay I dont think the whole plant will die just because one leaf had to be cut off. Right now its at 5 inches....whew only about 7 or 8 more to go!Maybe more since I want to keep it branching off at its branching off ASAP at every node! There are 6 right now....hopefully the new leaves will make the plant look not so half assed lol. But at least I can get a good look at those nodes and pick off tiny pesky little orange bugs (about one every few days :)
    I have 5 other seedlings that are sending up a 2nd pair of leaves and they are all tinged purple and the stems are dark purple......im getting some strange plants here heheh. I hop ethey grow super fast like this one!

5. whats ur set up and were u on a budget cause im thinking about growing but im on a budget j/w

6. I am on a VERY VERY tight budget and if I can grow weed without any fancy lumens and shit ANYONE CAN!!

My set up is very very small it consist of:

6 plants

4 large pots from the dollar store for a dollar a piece (plus tax heheh_
    1 pot i already had (FREE!)
    1 deep brown plastic pot I got from my gramma. (fREE!)

Soil from walmart. 4 bags which was about 10 dollars I think

Lots of perlite from walmart ( 1 bag) $3.75

1 source of light: The Sun

and fert. which is 20-30-20 and very diluted.

When I wake up in the morning before the sun comes up I put my plants where the light from the sun will shine strong all day long, especially during noon where there is nothing to block the sun. I sit them on a little old end table that I have so no ants or very harmful bugs will get to them from the ground (like they cant crawl right?) I have been putting them in strong sun since they were babies so they are use dto it and grow very fast. Sunlight is the best source of light in my opinion and more of the light tends to reach the whole of the plant and not just parts as with artificial lights. Also sunlight comes in all color spectrums:). But you can also leave them on the ground and put them in a water tray which would act as a "moat" and keep harmful insects out as they cant cross water. But The table works best for me.

I told my mom to water my plants when I was gone at a friends but I forgot that i had put my seedlings in my room for the night so i could take pics (which i never did) and she watered my biggest plant and burned it with the ferts. Its already been fert'd two times and she just over did it. But its okay its not her fault and the leaves arent falling off just browing on the edges and the 2nd pair of node leave sare burned slighty at the tips. I flushed the soil very well and decided not to water it for a loooooooong time because the soil in WET!And one leave blade on the 3ed pair of leaves is almost burned off but its okay. As you go up the plant it quickly begin sto look better. My other seedlings are growing really fast and I think this one will make it..

Next time im watertin my own shit!

I hope I helped ya out lacrossestar, but different things work for different people, right?

7. well since ive posted any pics the plant has just shot up! and it lost one leaf to burn and the others are slighty burned
    but not nearly as bad as other cases ive seen, the nodes are starting to get longer now and its making its first pair of 6 lanced leaf things after 2 sets of 5 leafed......things......anyway it seems to only wait to make two pairs before it starts new ones, but actually it made three pairs of five leafed things (miscount there) so maybe it will make four of these. I have other seedlings ill take pics of in a few....

Attached Files:

8. 1 more...the growth is really lanky but maybe it will fill out when the node leaves get bigger

Attached Files:

• yeey.jpg
      yeey.jpg
      File size:
      23.8 KB
      Views:
  9. right now it measures like 7 inches but you cant see that because alot of that is cut off by the rim of the pot in the previous picture

10. this is a pic of my small one i have 4 small seedlings but i have two that have smaller leaves

Attached Files:

• 60.jpg
      60.jpg
      File size:
      41.5 KB
      Views:
  11. other pics....

Attached Files:

• 59.jpg
      59.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
  12. these are pics of my seedlings with teh fattest leaves

Attached Files:

• 58.jpg
      58.jpg
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
  13. another

Attached Files:

• 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      34.9 KB
      Views:
  14. more.......o wait no more lol

15. The other day I measured 7inches for my biggest plant and now its measured 10! I cant believe this! I had to check over and over again lol. Almost 12 inches! but im gonna let it branch out some before I force it to flower. And its starting to get bushy anyway.......and ill let it grow more at the top.
    Yesterday I thought I saw some male flowers but they were just leaves (i looked under a mag. glass to see) and i used a fine point needle to spread the leaves to make sure that there were infact leaves inside and there were WHEW i was scared for a minute!

16. I was looking at the nodes on my biggest plant and i noticed some little out growths that look like drops of water, well thats the shape of them. Like ovular and then come to a tip....are these pre-flowers? Or are those just there? I never noticed them before and I havent even started to shorten the hours yet.....HELP!

17. Well my biggest one went to hell but its okay it stopped growing and ithink it was a guy so its okay, i have like 5 more plants and the biggest one of those is pretty short with all these leaves and its branching out really nice (big leaves) ill take pics later......

18. ok its later take them! lol

19. lol its much later but still they are pics hehe

Attached Files:

20. Damn that hella blurry i thought i fixed that hmmmm well sorry about the quality u guys there are gonna be better ones. This plant has nice sized leaves and it is growing better than my previous one.....now if i only i could make this one live and not kill it heheh..like i have done all my others....

Attached Files:

• 68.jpg
      68.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views: