This Whole Jay Leno, O'Brien Thing

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by pianowski69, Jan 13, 2010.

1. This is just a high thought on this whole Leno, O'Brien thing.
    What if now if Conan goes to FOX and has his own show there.
    Then maybe later on, in like 20 years, Conan will have the top ratings of Late Night, and then Leno's and Letterman's ratings will just fall and plummit.
    And then far after they're all dead, FOX still will have the best host of Late Night.
    And then that goes on for 80 years.
    It'll be just like the Babe Ruth Curse on the Red Sox.

It's gonna happen. Just you watch.

2. yeah, I kinda feel bad for Conan

[​IMG]

3. conan is WAY better than leno IMO

4. #4 Ganja420717, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    co co is the best fox would be smart to grab him up damn nbc why are u so dumb

5. fuck fox go to Comedy Central!

6. how old are you

7. conans the fuckin man, and thats pretty shitty what nbc's doin to him i'd leave them

8. Leno gave up the job and nbc made a new show for him so they could save money. I like Leno, but the Tonight Show is Conans and he should keep it.

9. leno is behind all of this, what does he have to prove? wasnt 17 years enough of him on the tonight show.

it sucks that conan will probably leave NBC and so will I even though jimmy fallon is sick i cant watch a network that does that shit to their employees

10. Jay Leno is a grizzled old crone with nothing more to prove, trying to stay relevant.

11. To be honest I couldn't care less about either of those two.

David Letterman is where it's at, he's gonna live forever.

12. haha jimmy kimmel wrecked leno last night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNmWFD4oWg]YouTube - Jimmy Kimmel DESTROYS Jay Leno as a guest on 10@10 (The Jay Leno Show 1/14/10)[/ame]

13. hahaha that was awesome, i dont watch kimmel but that was gold

14. Jay Leno needs to do the right thing and step down.

With all the shit Conan's been talking about NBC the past week I doubt he has much of a future there though.

I hope he goes to FOX and destroys Leno's ratings.

I know Conan has more dedicated fans than that big chinned bastard.

15. I've already declared my support for Team Coco.

16. Leno didn't do anything wrong, he just got pulled into this huge scramble.
    The reason NBC is doing this is because Conan's ratings are 3 million below what Leno had it at. I just hope they figure this out soon, so many things could happen

17. I've thought for a while that Conan > Letterman > Leno.

Conan just seems to be a very genuine dude, as thought he's not really putting on a persona out there. The way he makes fun of himself and the entire show is pretty cool.
    Leno, to me, is pretty unfunny. "Headlines" and talking to dumb people in the streets gets old after a while.

I hope Conan goes to FOX or whatever and his ratings own Leno's. Leno just seems to be a greedy, fake, bottom-feeder to me.

[​IMG]

18. It doesnt matter what Conan wants, NBC litrially owns his ass, with something called an "exclusivity" clauss that means Fox couldnt have him, even if they wanted. Conan litrially has to work for NBC

Leno's the one being a complete dick about this tho, he's got a Helicopter engine powerd Motocycle, a steam powerd car, and $800mil, and he still wants more :eek:

19. well here's my take:

NBC's ratings of Conan's show are low because they won't allow Conan to do his own thing like he was able to do with the Late Night show. it seems that ever since Conan took over, his material just hasn't been the same. I don't think that is Conan's fault either, because he still has his same goofy persona.

Brett Fa... I mean Jay Leno: get the fuck out of here. you had your time and you retired. your show sucked as well. your crew wasn't goofy (Letterman has Paul, Conan has Max and La Bomba) either. your material was the same shit. you were never a goofy dude. you've got all your money, so piss off.

Jimmy Kimmel: never watched his show but I respect him and i will be tuning in now to see what he's about. anyone who sodomizes Jay Leno with a rusty mace ON HIS OWN SHOW for being a douche bag gets my respect.

I hope NBC learns something from this. if they do decide to give Leno his show back, i can't wait for the outrage from fans and other entertainers. TBH if I were Conan I wouldn't sweat it. he's got everything needed for a good late night talk show host. the only thing i'd be worried about is Fox picking me up (Fox has no late night shows so it could either be a hit or miss, but I think it'd be a miss.) Maybe he'll go to Comedy Central, after all that is where he does belong. but then again i don't think he'll get near the ratings he deserves.

eh after typing the above, Conan is in a rough spot. i just hope everything goes alright for him. I don't give a fuck about Leno, he's loaded. if he wants to keep his public appearance then maybe he should start acting or something, not fuckin someone else over.

[​IMG]

what's not to love about that picture?

oh yeah, and Conan has Triumph. that is the best combination ever.

20. don't forget his collection of insanely awesome/rare cars that is worth a few million