This sucks, i just lost the chance to get out of this hole i have been stuck in

Discussion in 'General' started by letsmokeasweet, Nov 7, 2012.

1. #1 letsmokeasweet, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    so i finaly found this excellent job oppurtunity. this was the one that would take me out of my situation. it would pay well. enough to support myself, wife and two kids. plus plenty of extra income to purchase a home, a safe car for my wife (the one we share is falling apart), lets just say it would have been a good christmas.

now, we live in a crappy house, we survive off of foodstamps and gov assistance, family help when needed...that sort of thing.

this job was going to make me self sufficant. i was going to be able to work a 40 hour week and take care of my family finacally.

i dont pay income taxes...im to poor for that, with this job, i would be paying incom taxes...and i am fine with that.

it is the oppurtunity i put myself into a position to find many years ago, and the last few years i have been waiting and setting myself up for it. sacarfacing other oppurtunitys, to wait for this one to come along.

i already did all the hiring bullshit. the paper work. the tax forms. the direct deposit. emplyee orinatation shit.

i was going to start on monday, november 12.

i have not look forward to anything since i found out my dealer got some purple dro a few months ago.

i am excited. got my sleeping scedule insync with waking up early for work, going to sleep early. got a couple of new outfits so i would be presentable.

and i talked to my new boss this morning, and he told me point blank that the company is unsure what is going to happen with our "president elect" and he cant hire anyone at this time.

such a shitty day for my family

so im a little down now and i just had to let it off somehow. thanks for reading and i think ill am going to go pack another bowl and go sit outside for a while

2. Damn I man that sucks ass.Hopefully there is a chance of atill getting it.Keep on calling the guy ot do whatever you think could still help.Ive been looking for a job for awhile and havent found much.

All I can say is I hope you get it still man.Sorry to hear

3. I kind of feel like you got blown off. They don't know what either president elect is GOING to do, however they have VERY good ideas about what might happen. I feel bad for you in the sense that I just think the company decided not to hire anymore people and blamed it on who the president was.

4. This is what they make AK-47s for. I feel your pain man and it sucks knowing you cant hold it down for the family. I think your "boss" is a liar and told you that to shut you up from asking questions. Why would a business stop hiring because of who the President is? People disgust me sometimes...well most of the time.

5. Good things happen to good, hardworking people. Keep to the grind and it'll come around. Talk to the hiring squad and see what they can do to make the paperwork go through. I feel for you, fellow blades deserve good things.

6. That sounds like a load of bullshit. You were offered the job when Obama was in office. The election is over, and Obama is still in office. So why should that affect whether or not you will be hired?

7. Man.. I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes it just seems impossible to get ahead in this world. I'm pullin for ya man.

8. yea thanks for all your positive words.

and in a sense i agree with what yall are saying. the thing is this is a small company, of only a few employees. my brother is one of them. and i talked to him last night and he told me more about what is going on.

basicly the main owner is freaking out.....he was epecting romney to win. but now he is saying that becaue obama is still president they are anticipating taxes to increase. also the healthcare law is confusing the guy. i might be the guy who, if they hire, brings the certain number of employees needed, so the owner will have to get everyone insurance.

but if they dont hire anyone then he wont have to buy everyone insurance. which i understand. the guy only has so much extra money to go around.

but im hoping the guy is only freaking out. hopefully everything will stay the same. things wont go to shit, and in a few weeks im hoping the guy will reconsider.

im thinking of trying to get some type of part time job with him, so i will allready have my foot in the door.

i really want this job, with this company. the owner is a good guy to work for. it will take me to a much beter economic status, and with my brother already working there, i have an ally.

fingers crossed i guess

9. haha fuck yea. i would put a silencer on it, go to his home at night and take them all out lol

but of course then that will be a job i definitly wont be getting lol

10. Bank Robbery isnt anything but simple robbery if you dont use a firearm . . .

11. "I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. "

This guys just sounds butt hurt that the election didnt go his way.

12. That's bullshit (again). I'm willing to bet that if Romney won, that ^ same employer wouldn't have hired 22 employees. He's just acting like a fucking 2-year-old amidst a temper tantrum. The sad thing is that his temper tantrum is affecting many lives.

And again--it's not like anything has changed. Obama was already president for the last four years. He just was reelected. People making such a big deal and doing drastic things like turning down/firing workers are just butt hurt because they won't be getting any ridiculous tax breaks (which they would just stuff in their own pockets, anyway).

13. Wohooo go Obama!

He's better for business YAYYYYYYY

oh wait....

Ya that sucks man, democrats/obama kill businesses both large and small. They tax so much of their profits (even more now with Obamacare) that companies just don't have the extra profits to hire new workers.

That's what Obama and liberal policies gets you, same thing that happened with greece and spain.

14. Okay I hadn't read that yet when I first posted but yep, that's exactly what's happening.

All the people saying that the owner is just butt hurt CLEARLY don't understand how running a small business works.

This is a SMALL business, which means the owner probably makes about 100k a year or so after taxes.

Let's say this guy has 10 employees, and pays them all ~50k/ year.

Well with Obama's new policies, not only is the % of income tax he's going to have to pay going to increase, with OBAMACARE if he hires any new employees he has to buy ALL of his employees health care coverage.

On average health care coverage is about 5,000 per year.

So let's say this guy was going to hire 1 new employee. Now that Obama has been reelected and obamacare went through if he wants to hire more employee, that means he has to buy health care coverage for EVERYONE. That means instead of the new employee costing him 50k per year, hiring 1 more employee will ACTUALLY cost 105k per year! (11 employees x 5k/year for health care).

It's totally understandable why this guy wouldn't want to hire more employees with all the RETARDED, HORRIBLE regulations Obama and the democrats put on new business. I know this for a fact, the regulations actually put my grandfather, who's owned his business for 35 YEARS! out of business because of all the retarded "safety" regulations which cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars extra.

/endrant

15. well i talked to the guy on monday and he told me he felt bad because of how things turned out. he seems like a good guy inside. hes thinking if trying a part time or a 1099 contract position for me...but if i did that i will still be in the same position i am now...but at least it gets my foot in the door....the bad thing is it wont be until the begining of next year. so i hope hes not trying to blow me off now.

but the good news is that he found someone who can use my services and he introduced me to him.
    i talked to him on tuesday and i started working yesterday. its only about 10 hours worth of work a week but if i am efficent i can pull in an easy $200 a week. its not much but at last its some extra cash.

maybe im not gona have to jack that armored car anymore hahah jl