This shit just went underground...

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by catfish swiming, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know a kid who used to hide his stash in a canister buried in the back yard with a fake rock epoxied to the lid so he could find it later.
    Interesting idea...do you have construction pics?

2. #22 catfish swiming, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    Dam ive been to lazy, getting stoned and going body boarding.... BUT i will get some done tomorrow if i can find the hot glue gun that is somewhere in this house. Attitudes still haven't received the money i sent them for the seeds. I sent them about 4 or 5 days ago.

Dont wory guys i will get this sorted.

Also i think i have an idea to protect the electronics... before i put the plastic lid on the plastic container i will put a sheet of tarpaulin ontop of the container, THEN put on the lid.

3. Might wanna attach something waterproof and that has insulation all around the outside of it, would allow the box to stay drier and temperatures more sustainable.

Do you have winter coming up? I know around here its like 22 degrees at night and its not even really winter.

Don't forget the piping and fan to bring in air!

4. I took a 60L container and a 70L container, cut the bottom off the 60L and put it on top of the 70L using two sticks of wood and a hot glue gun, then i used the plastic from the bottom to sort of cover up the openings between the containers then duck taped the shit of the excess holes. I duck taped, then duck taped some more and duck taped until it begged me to stop but STILL i duck taped.

I have got the fan sorted, ive got a 12V computer fan hooked up to a 12V cell phone charger. I am only missing some pvc piping now... I am going to rig up the lights soon. And attitudes still haven't received my payment. Anyone know how long this can take?

urperlurd.JPG

Attached Files:

5. #25 Mogi, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Very interesting. This will be nice to see come to life :3

6. Any suggestions on where to put the fan?

7. Not really, not unless you draw up plans for your PVC piping. Obviously you want to blow air out one of the pipes, or suck it in the other, or both. I guess draw up a plan in paint so we can help :3

8. Hope this sums it up. give me a suggestion on where the best place would be for the piping to go using the numbers 1 - 7

lololol.JPG

9. Hey brother,

You will definitely need a stronger fan or else the lights will produce a lot of heat and unwanted moisture because the plastic doesn't absorb the moisture like wood.

Where is your intake in the diagram provided?

10. #30 Mogi, Dec 2, 2011
    2 or 3. You also need an intake pipe at the other end, or there will be no air flow at all.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Those things that look like Nazi signs, those are fans lol...

Also you'll need to think what you'll use to stop water getting into the pipes, maybe a chimney granny (not the suction kind, but the one with ledges aiming down to let air in but not water)?

11. just an idea man but what if you cut out the bottom of your container and when you dig your hole plant your plant straight into the hole then put your container over the top.

this way youll save space spacewhere your pots would be and no chance of becomeing root bound :)

12. Sounds badass, just are you gonna dig it back up when you have to water it or whats you're plan for that?

13. Well he can rig a gravity watering device from a 1 gallon jug with small plastic tubing streamed into the potting soil. Refill the jug when it empties. There is going to be a lot of heat and moisture underground though so a bigger fan will have to be used.

14. I have thought about this and i was thinking of puting a plastic bottle over top of the pvc piping. And im really not sure if i can get enough money for another fan and more piping. It will cost $23 for a computer fan, around 20-30 dollars for another cell phone charger and 10 - 30 dollars for piping. Shit is expensive over here. I still need another light socket which is an additional $7. Wither or not i can get more stuff is if more work comes up. Ive pretty much spent all my money on weed and going to the beach. -:FACE PALM:-. Thanks for the ideas n shit guys. I will get onto this......

15. As for opening it up i have mentioned twice already (making this the third time) i am just going to make a trap door sort of thing and put it ontop of the box so i can remove the trap door and there it is. Im not gonna dig it like 20feet in the ground or something.

I really doubt i can get a bigger fan to be honest. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Ill just put ice cubes in the bottom of the box. That should fix it! I have done a grow in a cabniet before and people said i NEEDED fans to get air circulation but honestly everything went fine. But i really shouldn't question your authority your grow journal is awesome!

But i do think i can get another computer fan as i got some work cherry picking comming up in a few days. Fingers crossed.

16. Check the amps on the charger, if it's double or more than the fans require then you can have both wired to the single charger (in parallel).

17. Can this also be done with lights? like could i do 2 lights onto 1 lead? If so it would save me from buying a new adapter.

18. #38 Mogi, Dec 2, 2011
    Yea, that's quite easy. I done it on my case (in my sig).

I somewhat explained how to wire multiple lights to a single for someone else in this post:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/944286-mounting-lights-pc-case.html#post12827630
    If you need any help with that give me a message and I can explain it properly over Skype or something.

If you're in Britian (240v supply) using a 'small' 5AMP fuse on the plug you can get 1200 watts out of it. Taking away 20% for 'constant supply' reasons, which I don't understand but follow anyway for safety, you could have 48 20watt (100w equivlant) bulbs on a single plug :p If you're in a place with 120v supply it'd be 24 20watt bulbs. You could even go up to a 10AMP fuse (leaving a spare 3A for your fans) and have 96 bulbs, in the UK, on a single plug, LOL. :smoke:
    Of course that's stoner logic and I could be wrong, but I know you can easily have 10 bulbs to a single plug.
    EDIT: Just re-checked my calculations, turns out you could have 124 bulbs to a single 13A socket, safely. That makes me laugh every time I think about it.

19. Would this be correct?

untitled2323.JPG

20. #40 Mogi, Dec 2, 2011
    Yea, that would work fine. A better/cleaner way to do it though is to wire your Pos/Neg wires to one light, and wire a second set of Pos/Neg wires into the same holes on that light fitting, then take them to the next light. It saves having messy wires taped together and whatnot, and looks like a cool-ass daisy-chain.

EDIT: Just found a nice pic that shows it well. Imagine blocks 1&2 are light 1, blocks 3&4 are light 2, and blocks 5&6 are light 3;
    [​IMG]
    You can of course use a wire with the rubber still on it to look neat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.