This shit just fucked me up

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike420, May 13, 2009.

1. Springfield driver in 1999 crash that killed 3 sent back to jail

My best friend died in that crash! RIP Jim been 10 fucking years!

SPRINGFIELD - A city man, twice jailed since a 1999 drunken driving wreck that killed three people, is now serving another 21 months in the Hampden County Correctional Center.

Kevin Hurley, 27, was recently ordered by Judge Judd J. Carhart in Hampden Superior Court to serve the remainder of a sentence that had previously been suspended when he violated the terms of his probation which banned his use of alcohol.

Judge C. Jeffrey Kinder had sentenced Hurley in June to two years in jail on a probation violation; all but 90 days of the term was suspended. Carhart last month sentenced Hurley to serve the 21 months that had been suspended by Kinder.

Hurley was first jailed after pleading guilty in 2001 to charges stemming from a May 4, 1999 accident, on Worcester Street. He was ordered to serve four years of a 7½-year prison term for the accident in which he admitted he had been operating under the influence of alcohol.

Hector Alvarez Padilla Jr. was nearly 2 years old at the time of the car crash and suffered a broken vertebra that paralyzed him from the mid-section down. He was on a respirator in Franciscan Children's Hospital in Boston for nine months, and died Christmas Eve 2001 of an infection.

Hector's mother, Elizabeth Alvarez, and aunt Lina Alvarez were seriously injured in the crash. A passenger in the car driven by Lina Alvarez, Jimmy J. Gauthier, 21, of Springfield, was killed.

Two passengers in Hurley's car, 15-year-old Carleen Kane and 22-year-old Chris S. Cerez, both of Chicopee, were also killed.

Hurley, while trying to pass another vehicle on Worcester Street, lost control and hit the car driven by Lina Alvarez. He pleaded guilty to three counts each of motor vehicle homicide while under the influence of alcohol and operating a motor vehicle under the influence causing serious bodily injury.

Of the sentence, four years were mandatory. He was released from jail and graduated from Springfield College last year.

Kinder imposed the 90-day jail sentence in June based on reports that campus police at Springfield had twice stopped Hurley and found him to be drinking. According to the conditions of his probation set by Kinder in June, Hurley had to remain alcohol-free.

2. Thats not the same guy, whose mom came and bailed him out of jail and was drunk and caught a DUI charge herself is it?

3. You think a $1000 would be enough to get this dude shanked! I'm really drunk and this dude killed my best friend! It's been 10 years think that is long enough to have been laying low?

4. Drinking and driving laws are one thing I definitely agree with, and if anything are too lenient. I for one have lost all too many friends due to drunk drivers. Sorry for your loss man.

5. I agree man, it goes both ways.

6. its not gonna work well for you if you get him shanked then cops find this thread....

7. chill the fuck out dude, you weren't the only one to lose someone in that accident.

The guy didn't mean to kill anybody. How would you feel if that blood was on your hands just because you had a few too many and got behind the wheel of the car?

Terrible situation for everyone involved for sure, no excuse to wish a man dad over it. He's doing his time and I'm sure he's paying more of a price in his own mind than you could imagine.

8. #8 Madmike420, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    I would never drink and drive! I have slept in my car till I was dead sober then drove home from party's! Maybe having the dude shanked is a little to much, how about I just pay someone to ass rape him once? 4 years just does not seem like that much for taking my best friend away! Jim was a childhood friend, the nicest guy I knew! If everyone was having fun and you were low on cash/drugs this dude would hook you up! When partying with Jim no man got left behind!

9. you may be upset but i'm pretty sure threatening to have someone killed or raped is a federal offence, Einstein.

good luck with that.
    some parents kids these days....you need a hug, a role model or something..:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. #10 Madmike420, May 16, 2009

Let someone murder your best friend and see how you feel!
    PS Let the feds find madmike420- my SN is no way connected to my real info!
    PPS they could do some IP tracking shit......but I get my wifi from the coffee shop on the corner!
    PPPS I'm not really going to do shit! This just brought up some old feelings!

11. thing of the good times you had with them not to dwell on what happened.

being a negative person ain't gonna get you anywhere...

12. I know it hurts to lose someone man, but more violence is never a solution.

13. Ya I know this is just the booze talking!

14. Man, it must suck to lose your best friend, no matter how much time has passed. That bastard deserves to rot in prison for doing something like, it really does suck that the law can be lenient with these type of assholes.

15. #15 MopTop, May 16, 2009
    Vehicular manslaughter is a joke... How do you kill 3 people and only get 4 years? Or is it 7 n 1/2? Eitherway i don't think that justifies it.

16. Kill 3 and cripple a fucking infant!

17. I can understand the rage you feel towards him completely, if someone killed my best friend/family while driving drunk I'd want them dead too. But that would only land you in prison, so it's not worth it. I'm surprised he only got 4 years, 3 peopled died and one child was paralyzed because of his idiotic choice to drive drunk, he should get a life sentence imo.

18. everyone who is telling him that hes over reacting for saying things like wanting to get him shanked

just be quiet

this guy lost his best friend due to a drunk driver and the scum only gets 4 years??? not only his best friend but other passengers.... losing a lifelong friend to someone who was irresponsible and drove drunk would definitely ENRAGE me as well

i can see where hes coming from and if u think what hes saying is overreacting then GTFO of this thread

19. Wow.. Not cool man. This guys best friend was killed and it seems like you're trying to stand up for the drunk driver. I'm not sure what to think of it. -Rep

20. Completely agree. I hope this guy feels guilty for what he did. I wouldn't be able to live with myself after something like that.