This poor plant... Now, light burn

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Paxico, Jan 4, 2018.

1. So, this plant has been to hell and back in the past few weeks. I added a new LED, 300 watts, about 2.5 weeks ago. Then three power outages later, it effectively has light burn because I had it too close, 30 cm (12 inches) because the dealer told me that number, but it was too close. I have moved it to 18 inches.

If the light burn on the bud is very minimal, can I leave it grow without chopping the bud? It's only really damaged on the sugar leaves on the main cola, and not that much at that.

Picture is below... Sorry for the lighting, but my phone camera only captures the blue spectrum when I take pictures. It is a full spectrum LED with whites, IR, UV, etc., with 100, 3 watt diodes.

I don't want to bother the plant anymore so I won't remove it from the grow closet until harvest and therefore, won't be able to get a better pic.

[​IMG]
    I'm such a newbie... Shoot me!

2. I guess I have to reply to my own post. The trichomes are still going strong when I look through the jewelers loupe so I may be okay.

3. Hey man, I am sure someone would love to help here but first you need to take a pic with natural light. If you look at the photo all you can see is Blue. If you don't want to that's cool, but chances are no one can answer your question specifically. Only guessing due to the specifications you give.
    Also in my opinion I don't see why it would hurt to back up the LED a few more inches. Maybe to 20'. Then when your plant shows no signs of burn move it down. I hope you get your plant back on track. Good luck!

J Evergreen

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ok! I hear ya. Opinions?
    [​IMG]

5. And another..

[​IMG]

6. That's the main cola. Is it worth saving? Will those buds develop anymore?

7. After seeing the pictures, does anyone have any other advice? I'm just waiting it out to see if it recovers. The main cola buds do not seem to be developing at all, but the smaller popcorn buds are still growing strong.

Should I cut off those fried leaves at the top there? Should I just let it happen naturally?

Sorry, first-time grower.

8. How many weeks into flowering is this? Also how old is the plant overall?

9. I switched to 12-12 on Nov. 22. Way too early, but at the time, I needed the plant to be small. It took almost 4 weeks for the first pre-flowers to show, which I am thinking was because my light was to weak and too high above the plant.

I decided to increase the size of everything and the day the pistils showed, I added a newer, stronger light. Of course, I put it too close and they cooked for about a week with the new 300 watt light at about 12 inches. When I noticed the burn, they had been only truly flowering (visibly) for about 10 days, even though I switched to 12-12 40 days previously.

Anyway, no positive change has happened in the main cola since I raised the light, 10 days or so. It just keeps looking more dead. My number of days might be off one or two.

I germinated on Nov. 1st and put in soil on Nov. 3rd.

10. If you were doing a SOG it wouldn't be too short. SOGs are typically vegged for 2 weeks then flowered. But you'd have 10+ plants going at the same time. If this is week 6 flower then you might as well wait the last 2 weeks for 'harvest', but there's not going to be too much (if any) since you're supposed to be in your final 2 weeks now.

Flowering isn't dependent on the amount of light, but how often they get it so even if they barely got light so long as it was 12/12 that was considering flowering time. They just didn't get enough light to grow properly, but they were flowering. Honestly I'd toss it, but you're close enough that 2 weeks of electricity isn't going to be a big deal so you might as well see what you can get. There's no recovering from that this late into flower though.

11. Okay. Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Twin 50 watt UFOs just installed today for my 20/4 veg efforts to lead into three flowering opportunities - 400 watt HPS in a 2 x 4 ft closet and matching cabinets (5 x 3 x 1.5 ft) with 390 and 600 watts of LED respectively. This batch is one week shy of a month with an upstart in the center ring at one week old. IMG_20180110_100314.jpg IMG_20180110_130915.jpg IMG_20180110_130906.jpg